Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anyone know what the michelob lights boat ran wfo when jeoy ipolito raced it (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140347-anyone-know-what-michelob-lights-boat-ran-wfo-when-jeoy-ipolito-raced.html)

ratman 09-13-2006 07:27 AM

anyone know what the michelob lights boat ran wfo when jeoy ipolito raced it

im trying to figure out what it will run with 2100hp when i get it rigged. im trying to figure out what props to put on it. thx for any input/info. rm

JCPERF 09-13-2006 08:33 AM

Re: anyone know what the michelob lights boat ran wfo when jeoy ipolito raced it

Originally Posted by ratman
im trying to figure out what it will run with 2100hp when i get it rigged. im trying to figure out what props to put on it. thx for any input/info. rm

Chris Sunkin 09-13-2006 08:42 AM

Re: anyone know what the michelob lights boat ran wfo when jeoy ipolito raced it

Originally Posted by JCPERF

That's harsh.

Top Banana 09-13-2006 08:45 AM

Phil.....we ran in the high 80's and mid 90's depending on the water conditions and the amount of fuel we had left. Remember that the best speedo's were Nordskog with pitot tubes hangng down....not exactly GPS accuracy.

The motors we ran in the end of the 70's and early 80's were right around 650 to 700 HP each on AV gas.

sakoutis3 09-13-2006 08:47 AM

About as fast as a barge on the Hudson. :eek: :drink: :drink:

Outdrive1 09-13-2006 09:31 AM

It should be close to what Stecz barge runs.......... :eek:

Chatim Racing 09-13-2006 10:19 AM

Hey RM

Are you sure them big motors are gonna fit under those hatches????? They look very tall to me in the pictures...

ratman 09-13-2006 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing
Hey RM

Are you sure them big motors are gonna fit under those hatches????? They look very tall to me in the pictures...

the only thing im sure of is that stecz's motors are punk! i think they will fit but i'll find out soon enough :D

ratman 09-13-2006 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF

thats what it will run when its full of square grouper, i was talking about with 3 people and some fuel, no cargo. dickhole

ratman 09-13-2006 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Phil.....we ran in the high 80's and mid 90's depending on the water conditions and the amount of fuel we had left. Remember that the best speedo's were Nordskog with pitot tubes hangng down....not exactly GPS accuracy.

The motors we ran in the end of the 70's and early 80's were right around 650 to 700 HP each on AV gas.

so what you're trying to say charlie is that i should have no trouble stomping jc's limp wristed rainbow ride :evilb: with my new engines?