Notices

Talon Powerboats

Old 09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,067 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Talon Powerboats

Looking at a 22 cat. No motor and the 200 will be on it. I guess they were faster than the 21 skaters for less money but never really took off. NADA value for a 95 is like 7k with no motor. www.talon22.com
ANy Other Info?
Old 09-14-2006, 03:01 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Talon Powerboats

Cool. I'm glad somebody bought the molds and are building them again. Talon sold all the cat molds over the past couple of years and are concentrating on fishing boats. They tried to get me to buy their 18 mold several times, but I just didn't have the coin to swing it. Not that I don't have my hands full already.

The 22's definetly were not as popular as the 26 (which was heavily splashed and the reason they got out of high performance boats). The center pod means this boat will be slower than the Skater, but more family friendly. Your power desires seems to be in line with the boats capabilities, it may be a bit under powered. This is not a boat to be taking out on the ocean.
Old 09-14-2006, 07:18 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by Cord
Cool. I'm glad somebody bought the molds and are building them again. Talon sold all the cat molds over the past couple of years and are concentrating on fishing boats. They tried to get me to buy their 18 mold several times, but I just didn't have the coin to swing it. Not that I don't have my hands full already.

The 22's definetly were not as popular as the 26 (which was heavily splashed and the reason they got out of high performance boats). The center pod means this boat will be slower than the Skater, but more family friendly. Your power desires seems to be in line with the boats capabilities, it may be a bit under powered. This is not a boat to be taking out on the ocean.
They claim high 70's low 80's with it. Good Enough for me. And i dont expect much in the rough from a 21 foot cat.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Actually, 80 mph will be rather boring in that boat. They are very stable and forgiving.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by Cord
Actually, 80 mph will be rather boring in that boat. They are very stable and forgiving.
Untill i hit some waves.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Actually, they fly pretty well too. Just not much free board.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Looking at a 22 cat. No motor and the 200 will be on it. I guess they were faster than the 21 skaters for less money but never really took off. NADA value for a 95 is like 7k with no motor. www.talon22.com
ANy Other Info?
My brother bought the first Talon 22 out of the mold. It had a Mercury 2.4 Bridgeport and ran low 80's. I loved the boat so much I bought a new 22 rigged for twins back in 1993 and owned the boat until 2001. This was back when the molds were at the original Talon Marine in Sarasota, FL.

Twins made it MUCH faster and incredible acceleration (especially with Nitrous ). Never lost a race from a 20 mph roll, and I raced a lot. Single engine handled the bigger water better, not as tail heavy. Always a compromise.

The Talon has a center pod which helps with ride and turning where the 21 Skater does not. Skater will be faster given the same power. IMHO the Talon has better lines than the Skater. The mold work with the curves and the super smooth finish really turned a lot of heads. She was a blast.
Attached Thumbnails Talon Powerboats-front1.jpg   Talon Powerboats-inwater.jpg   Talon Powerboats-talon1.jpg  

Old 09-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Registered

Had a 22 with 225 yamaha boat flew good landing it was a different story. But for what it was it done a good job in small waves
Old 09-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by towboat
Had a 22 with 225 yamaha boat flew good landing it was a different story. But for what it was it done a good job in small waves
Any pics?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Beautiful boat I always liked the Talons' lines. Good info on those little screamers. Why don't you have the boat now?
Thanks! Hmmmm.... Why don't I have the Talon now... Well, our little girl was born and my speed freak wife became a MOM and common sense kicked in. Never had the Talon out of shape (at least with her in it ), but she said it was time to slow down a bit. Plus I was looking to get something bigger so we compromised on a 292 Fastech Formula. Runs 70+mph and we can sleep on it. Now I look forward to the rough water! She already knows that the stock engines will be no more after warranty runs out.... I really kind of wish I kept the Talon. Oh well, compromise....

Quick Reply: Talon Powerboats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.