Notices

Oil Changes Made Easy

Old 08-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Oil Changes Made Easy

Ilmor & Mercury owners looking for a more efficient way to change your oil while also eliminating the mess & clean up now have a new option.

Check it out

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-11874.html
Old 08-23-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Oil Changes Made Easy

Cool option, is the pump always in the boat? I have a pre-luber system with a quick disconnect that doubles as an oil changer. Everything is always in the boat, just drop a 5 gal gas can in the bilge, disconnect the quick connect hose, push in gas can and flip a switch. 14qt change complete in less than 15 minutes.....takes a lot of time to open all those qt bottles
Old 08-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Registered

Mr. V.

Here you loud & clear. Owned a Pantera w/ KE 675 & preluber that did exactly what you stated. Having a preluber previously there was no way I was going to just allow my oil to gravity drain or deal w/ the dipstick tube setup.

The Kwik-n-EZ is a little simpler than a preluber. Yes you could leave it hooked up but it's really just one connection like your preluber.

I agree opening 20 bottles of Mobil ! took far longer than sucking the oil out. @ 3gals/min pumping the oil takes no longer than it does to connect & disconnect the pump.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I have drain hoses that go to the bottom of my oil pans, I would assume one could just hook this pump up to the drain hose?

Currently I use a pump that is designed for diesel engines and came as part of a kit that would be plumbed in permanently and mounted on a bulkhead. This kit appears to be much cheaper than what I spent a few years ago.

I rigged the pump on top of a 5 gallon bucket/lid. I attach one hose to the hose coming from the bottom of the oil pan and pump away. All the oil pumps directly into the 5 gallon pail.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...allpartial/0/0

Last edited by Panther; 08-23-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

What drives the pump?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I have drain hoses that go to the bottom of my oil pans, I would assume one could just hook this pump up to the drain hose?

Currently I use a pump that is designed for diesel engines and came as part of a kit that would be plumbed in permanently and mounted on a bulkhead. This kit appears to be much cheaper than what I spent a few years ago.

I rigged the pump on top of a 5 gallon bucket/lid. I attach one hose to the hose coming from the bottom of the oil pan and pump away. All the oil pumps directly into the 5 gallon pail.

Mount the pump to a 5 gal gas can, less chance if spilling while you drive down the highway
Old 08-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_velocity
Mount the pump to a 5 gal gas can, less chance if spilling while you drive down the highway
Old 08-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by eyezlee
What drives the pump?
Cordless or electric drill.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther

Panther

Whether the pump will fit your application or not depends on the thread size & type on your drain hose. The Ilmor & Merc applications aren't interchangeable so I've supplied both in order to make the pump more versatile. Regardless it can be adapted but it may not work right out of the box. I will supply the proper fittings N/C to anyone that contacts me w/ their specific needs.

The pump pictured is very nice but almost 50% more $$ & the feedback I got from many performance boaters was they didn't want to have to hook up to a battery. For example in my Spectre 32 the batteries are in a seperate compartment & those leads will never reach which means modifications to something you just paid good money for. The other is an electric pumps speed can't be regulated so many have burned up impellers before the pump ever primes.

Obviously each of us has experienced something different or found something that works best for us. I'm just trying to offer others an option that I believe is very clean, neat & simple way to change ones oil on late model boats.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Will this work with older merc engines ?

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc

Quick Reply: Oil Changes Made Easy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.