Notices

Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Old 01-05-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Robert .
sen't mine via PayPal....was going to send what a tank of fuel cost . but the last time I bought gas for the Donzi it was $1.09 a gallon............Rick
Old 01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Default Re: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

The Paypal idea is great. I, like Robert am a plaintiff in the lawsuit. It was a tough decision for us to commit to paying the remaining balance. It is tougherto think I may not be able to pull my Eliminator Daytona (Bling it on) out this spring and be able to enjoy my local lake. I like the 1 or 2 tanks of gas idea! And one more thing, you can bet your ass when it gets to your state, I'll contribute to your cause/case. Round numbers we are looking at raising about $35k additional dollars. Your help and interest are appreciated.
Steve

www.cathouseperformancemarine.com
Old 01-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert,

I just made my second donation ($50). Paypal is the way to go.

I commend you on your efforts. I believe this will ultimately effect all of us if you (and your associates) do not prevail.

It is my intention to make additional contributions (from time to time) and I hope others will commit to do likewise.

Good Luck - Rick

Last edited by rickdarling; 01-06-2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

Thanks,Rick.Guys like you can make a difference,$50 at a time. We may not have the unlimited funds that Alabama Power Company's high powered law firm has,but we have a great attorney that's passionate about winning this case. We are not going to back down,and the power of OSO will help us win this. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-06-2007 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am going to make it easy for everyone to contribute to the cause by posting a link tp Paypals site below. Its real easy... even for you folks that may not be familiar with how it works!You sign up, click on the send money tab and enter Magicfloat's email [email protected] . I am going to set an example by stepping up and sending in $500 right now! Anyone with a high performance boat can surely spare what one or two tanks of gas cost...especially before boating season even gets here! Thanks for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr.../index-outside

Last edited by INDY27; 01-06-2007 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

???
Old 01-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

I talked to a well connected politician this week that was working with Alabama Power Company when they rammed this law down our throats with no input from boaters or the Dept of Conservation. He basically laughed his arrogant laugh and said no way can we fight the power company, they always win. We have a good shot to prove him wrong,but it takes money. Paypal account is in place [email protected] Any amount is appreciated. We just got $20 from someone in CA that I don't even know,and that is greatly appreciated. If we have to fight $20 at a time we will keep going. Robert

Last edited by Magicfloat; 01-12-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Registered

What about a raffle? For instance, like the AMF boat that was raffled last year. If you can find a donation, raffle it off, with proceeds going to the lawsuit.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Charter Member #415
Charter Member

We don't have anything to raffle,we are just depending on grassroots donatations to fight this.But all suggestions are appreciated . We are curently in contact with a couple of national organizations that may possibly help a little. Stay tuned. At this point,it's personal. After 40 years of working to build our business,I refuse to let Alabama Power destroy what I have put my entire life into.At my age,this business is all I have,if the suit guys think I am going to let them steamroll their twisted ideas over me and my fellow boatowner plaintiffs,then they have go thru us first. If a customer of mine wants to buy a 370SS Formula to use on Lake Martin,why should the power company have the right to say no?It is not their lake,it is a public lake.That is why we are doing this,the lake is public,APCO thinks they own it,but they don't.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I'll be making a donation soon.....have you contacted Boat US? Although they are not "performance boat" oriented, this affects everyone wanting a large boat.

Quick Reply: Alabama Boat Ban Lawsuit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.