Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I Promised Them I Would, So I Am... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140562-i-promised-them-i-would-so-i-am.html)

Stingray69 09-15-2006 09:44 AM

I Promised Them I Would, So I Am...

I Promised Them I Would, So I Am...

I've seen a lot of Marine Performance rip-offs, lately. I will not refer to the exact victims, as they and most here are very familiar with the details. I hate to see it, because it gives the MP industry a bad name, and casts a shadow of distrust across the Hobby.

But I am a victim as well, now, and asking for advice, and giving warning to those that would like to avoid the same trouble, themselves. Maybe you are one who has had a GOOD experience with this company, but MY experience leaves much to be desired.

I am not boating for yet another year this year, due to my having been ripped off about half of what my Custom CMI tailpieces will cost. I have tried calling Ohio Performance; yet the number on the website was not valid. I have e-mailed them directly, AND from thru their OWN website's 'Contact Us' page. In April, I recieved an e-mail response to my e-mail, asking for a quote on my needs, that stated they would contact CMI for a current quote, as I ran out of time for the project last year.

I have received no correspondence of any kind since then, cannot contact them in any way, and am contacting several lawyers for advice and commissioning litigation to attempt to try and settle the matter.

Your attention to this situation and word-of-mouth warnings to any friends seeking Marine Performance parts will save others from an unnecessary problem and attempt to impart some justice in this matter.

Of course, First Impulse is to take matters into my holds, literally, but I do not want to compound my trouble.

Does anybody have any suggestions or strategies to help resolve this problem?

Thanks,
Sting

Too Old 09-15-2006 10:07 AM

Re: I Promised Them I Would, So I Am...

I don't know much about them, but if I can help you get tailpipes, please let me know. If they already took your money, I'd be happy to work with you on new build sheets and sell yu a set at cost.

Small conciliation I know. :(

Semper Fi 09-15-2006 10:10 AM

I hope your issue gets resolved. Hopefully somebody here can give you a good contact number for Ohio Performance.

I am "out" of boating for a while....too many scumbags in the industry. For all the good guys, (and there are few of you--like MagicFloat, Tres Martin, Terry Sobo, Trick, etc..) my apologies, this was not directed towards you.

FOUNTAINATLAST 09-15-2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
I hope your issue gets resolved. Hopefully somebody here can give you a good contact number for Ohio Performance.

I am "out" of boating for a while....too many scumbags in the industry. For all the good guys, (and there are few of you--like MagicFloat, Tres Martin, Terry Sobo, Trick, etc..) my apologies, this was not directed towards you.

Semper Fi, you ever get your situation resolved or is he still di*kin ya around????

Stingray69 09-15-2006 01:42 PM

Thanks for the offer, Fred. This happened before I knew of you. You WILL be the guy who I go thru; though.

Who can I talk with at CMI to apply pressure from upstream, since they still advertise on E-bay? Got a name?

wananewboat 09-15-2006 02:02 PM

Fred steps up to the plate again.

Semper Fi 09-15-2006 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
Semper Fi, you ever get your situation resolved or is he still di*kin ya around????

still waiting.............

Stingray69 09-15-2006 02:58 PM

http://ohioperformance.com/about.php

Too Old 09-15-2006 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Stingray69
Thanks for the offer, Fred. This happened before I knew of you. You WILL be the guy who I go thru; though.

Who can I talk with at CMI to apply pressure from upstream, since they still advertise on E-bay? Got a name?

Please email me a phone number and I'll give you a name at CMI.

I don't know if they can apply any pressure though. As I understand it [and I could be wrong], Ohio Performance was sold. I know they are no longer a CMI distributor and my guess is that aren't a dealer either.

Email me @[email protected] and I'll put you in touch with someone at CMI as well as help you all I can from my end.

Fred
the "Too Old" guy