Neither....Not Going
8.33%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Destin or Key West ?

Old 09-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Destin or Key West ?

Neither one this year, but if I were able to go it would be Key West, but it would be for the poker run boats.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Destin!!!!! Yes Key West may be warmer ... BUT if you go to the Worlds FOR BOAT RACES .. the racers that I know and love will be in Destin and a party just might break out

Last edited by Racegirl3; 09-17-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Key West. I have been to both places.

I'm not going for boat races, I'm going for vacation and to have a good time. If boats show up thats just an extra.
Attached Thumbnails Destin or Key West ?-beta191.gif  
Old 09-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Oh ya ... Allan4 is a Putz
Old 09-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.wunderground.com/history/...q_statename=NA

according to this weather history site, Destin in 2005 was Nov. 5th high-75 degrees & avg for 25 years was 71 degree (24 hr. pd).6th was high 80 and 71 avg. 7th was 78 high and 71 avg. 8th was 81 high and 70 avg. 9th was 75 high and 70 avg. 10th was 78 high 69 avg. 11th was 70 high 69 avg. 12th was 73 high and 69 avg.

I looked at 2004it was almost the same. The lowest I saw was in the 50's at night. Sounds like Sturgis at Spearfish Canyon weather in August. The average was 69 and 70 degrees for last 25 years. I set my a/c on 65 at night but everyone says I freeze them out. Copelands party will be on Thursday night and the OSS will award their National Titles that night. The details will be posted when complete.
Thanks everybody!
sw PS please e-mail me with any names and address's for invitations.- [email protected]

Last edited by Popeyes; 09-17-2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 07:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Destin!!!!! Yes Key West may be warmer ... BUT if you go to the Worlds FOR BOAT RACES .. the racers will be in Destin and a party just might break out
No offense to any of the above postings. And I'm certain you will enjoy your time in Florida in November, be it north or south. But many dedicated , talented , RACERS will be racing in Key West.
SQ
Old 09-17-2006, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Destin or Key West ?

SQ is absolutely right. Their will be talent all over the board. Both Destin and Key West have incredible fishing and diving. If you are a beach (lay-out) person Destin is rated among the top seven in the world because of the white sugar sand and it is appropriately named "EMERALD COAST" as the water is at the top of the scale (as Is KW's water) The Destin Venue will provide a more "family friendly" accomodation with the Baytown facility and The Common's Shopping mall along with the Silver Sand's Outlet facility. Although the dry pits "butt" up to several new "specialty" dance review establishments. Their is an abundance of amusement park buis. with all the stuff like go-karts, bungee jumps, scary swing, etc.. all of that "pucker" factor stuff plus the regular. amusement deal. AJ's (Alan) is arranging multiple fishing tournements and expeditions as he owns several small and large fish boats from 28-60 ft. sportfish. Also he owns an old time sailing Ketch (yuck)for sunset cruise etc.. Sea Blaster boat, and on and on... Anyway fun in the Panhandle and Key West too.!!!!

Originally Posted by stevequick
No offense to any of the above postings. And I'm certain you will enjoy your time in Florida in November, be it north or south. But many dedicated , talented , RACERS will be racing in Key West.
SQ

Last edited by Popeyes; 09-17-2006 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by stevequick
SQ

Your right ... Ill revise my post.
Old 09-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Registered

Bad news, Key West is not going to happen for us, American air lines never changed our flight dates and now they want to charge us $725.00 per person for air fair.
They were able to fly us to Penasacola which is 42 miles from Destin for the same cost as before ($369).

Seems like alot of locals are going to Destin.

Heres a link to where were staying, Right on the beach @ $106 per night.
We arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday.
http://www.ramadafwb.com/
Old 09-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAP071
Key West. I have been to both places.

I'm not going for boat races, I'm going for vacation and to have a good time. If boats show up thats just an extra.
AMEN

Quick Reply: Destin or Key West ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.