Notices

West End, Tortola BVI

Old 09-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: West End, Tortola BVI

If your down there on a boat then THE WILLEY T is a must see ,what a gig ,a floating bar with chicks jumping off topless for free T -shirts . IT don't get much better than that !!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:51 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't for get the Full Moon Party at the Bamba Shack!!!! I have a TON of pictures of old performance boats down there. I will try and dig them up.

Jon
Old 09-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 583 Likes on 240 Posts

Was down there a few months ago(rented a Lagoon 44 catamaran sailboat with the flybridge) highly recomend this boat.

We were in Spanish Town on Virgin Gorda for a night and i saw a burned out Cigarette Topgun with the American flag paint job hauled out at the marina there ,it had 6s and big power.

Next night at Leverik bay in Virgin Gorda was awakened by a older 38 Cig that was kept there in front of a house.

Have seen the abandoned boats in the Bahamas but did not see any where i was in the BVI's.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 583 Likes on 240 Posts

Did the full moon party.I gotta believe the magic mushroom drink is dirty sock water.Taste as chitty as mushrooms and gives you a buzz like COORS LIGHT
Old 09-20-2006, 10:32 PM
jtmiller02

Originally Posted by masi242
Jt, I was looking at an day cruise, we have eight people most are ok with boats. One charter boat said, he goes the Baths, Guana Island,Marina cay then to Jost (Soggy Dollar), this sounded pretty nice $135pp seems to be the going rate. I have been to the baths before, but the rest have not. I would like to see Willy T`s

The one thing I know is Woodys Happy hour starts 3pm sharp

Thanks for any help

mark

yes, woody's is definately my hangout, dont miss happy hour...as for the trip, with 8 you will most likely have to take one of the larger boats most rentals/private charters are limited to 6 due to not being inspected. However 135 pp is not a bad deal for a good charter that hits all the hot spots. Main thing you will miss good sights like Willy T unless you go for a private charter. The trip you describe sounds like breakaway or limnos type trip which are usually pretty cool, but can have a bit of a crowd at times. If you have questions about specific companies or anything just let me know I'll give you any info I can.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben@SRP
Sean,
Sorry I hijacked your thread here... But have you really seen performance boats abandoned down there? And did you see a Skater for sure? I did see anything like that, but I did have a bump on my head... I did see some sailboats that seemed like they had been abandoned. But I figured that was because they were "sailboats"...
No worries Ben.

The Skater I saw was to the right of Pussers if you are lookign at it from the water. It was a pearl orange and had either 4s or 5s on the back with no motors in it. There were a couple of locals there painting a 35 or 38 Cig flat deck adn several other performance boats were nearby. It looked to me that most were Tempests...

My brother in law saw the 38 Gun in Virgin Gorda and took some pics of it... I didn get up that far this time. We did Norman(WillyT), Peter and then Marina Key...

Spent a bunch of time in the Trunk Bay area too...
Old 09-21-2006, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jtmiller02
I definately reccomend letting a captain do the driving down there, they can get it done for you and allow you to enjoy the day without a care in the world. Island hopping and partying while trying to navigate unfamiliar waters there can really ruin a fun day on the water.
I coudn't agree more. I'd much rather sit back with a cocktail and take in the sights...
Old 09-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Don't for get the Full Moon Party at the Bamba Shack!!!! I have a TON of pictures of old performance boats down there. I will try and dig them up.

Jon
I was in Tortola about a month ago. Hit the Bomba shack too....pretty cool place. I forgot to get a T-shirt. They had them there with Bomba's head on the back....it was pretty funny.

If anyone is going down there anytime soon, I'll pay you to stop in the Bomba and pick me up a T-shirt.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:15 PM
Registered

It will be December before I go, but I am really liking all of the suggestions.

http://www.bareboatsbvi.com/bombas_shack.html
Old 11-02-2006, 07:53 AM
Registered

here's the boat i saw being painted in Soper's Hole...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: West End, Tortola BVI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.