Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paging Perfectmix or N MI people.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140905-paging-perfectmix-n-mi-people.html)

DURANGOKID59 09-19-2006 04:05 PM

Paging Perfectmix or N MI people....

Who do you guys recommend as a mechanic in the Traverse City MI area? Im having some doubts about my current mechanic and needed some input. Thanks.

Ms PatriYacht 09-20-2006 07:17 AM

Re: Paging Perfectmix or N MI people....

For a really good mechanic you might have to travel a little, my guess would be Dave Wesseldyke (sp?) near Grand Rapids. PM Crazyhorse he will let you know how to get in touch with him. People come from all over to have him work on their engines.

DURANGOKID59 09-20-2006 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
For a really good mechanic you might have to travel a little, my guess would be Dave Wesseldyke (sp?) near Grand Rapids. PM Crazyhorse he will let you know how to get in touch with him. People come from all over to have him work on their engines.

Thanks for the response. At this point I dont need any major engine work done, just a few odds and ends taken care of. Im having some doubts about my local guy, so just wondering if there is someone local for the odds and ends. I will keep that in mind if I need anything major done though. I wont use the guy Ive been going to for anything major again.

Perfectmix 09-20-2006 08:19 AM

DK..The only guys I would recommend in the TC area is John Ruffing@ John's Marine Service or Torch River Marine. Torch River did my valve springs on my 500's last summer. No problems to date. Good Luck!

DURANGOKID59 09-20-2006 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Perfectmix
DK..The only guys I would recommend in the TC area is John Ruffing@ John's Marine Service or Torch River Marine. Torch River did my valve springs on my 500's last summer. No problems to date. Good Luck!

Thanks for the response, Ill check in to them. Appreciate the help.

Rocky 09-20-2006 11:26 AM

Try Bear Cove Marina on Wallon Lake near Petoskey. Very high quality service. They are a Cobalt dealer who works on a lot of high performance. They rebuilt the upper ends on my 500's a year ago and brought them back to life. No one other than them will ever touch my boat. Their number is 231-347-1994, talk with Wayne.

DURANGOKID59 09-20-2006 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky
Try Bear Cove Marina on Wallon Lake near Petoskey. Very high quality service. They are a Cobalt dealer who works on a lot of high performance. They rebuilt the upper ends on my 500's a year ago and brought them back to life. No one other than them will ever touch my boat. Their number is 231-347-1994, talk with Wayne.

Thanks for the info. I was talking with another guy a couple weeks ago, and he had nothing but good things to say about them also. I might try them also.

yzbert 09-20-2006 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky

wow dave, if wayne isnt busy enough already. i guess i will just keep getting pushed back.

DURANGOKID59 09-20-2006 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by yzbert
wow dave, if wayne isnt busy enough already. i guess i will just keep getting pushed back.

I wont take cuts, Im done for the season, so Im in no hurry :D

wrinkleface 09-20-2006 01:09 PM

Dry Harbour in Charlevoix has some good people in the service dept. good luck, Wrink