How long do dealers keep new boats

Notices

How long do dealers keep new boats

Old 09-20-2006, 01:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long do dealers keep new boats

How long will a dealer keep new boats on there lot? Was at a boat show this past weekend and there was a 2004 that is still a new boat it was there last year and my wife liked it but the price was still to high well it was there again but the asking price was more because it came with a trailer which I was told was a $7k trailer which meant the boat was still the same as last year. I checked there site and now the boat is a $1k less then what was listed at the show. Just wondered how soon before they are just wanting to get it gone.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: How long do dealers keep new boats

I bought a "new" 1988 model in 1990. It listed for 25K and I got it for 15K. Throw some $$$ at them and see what they do!
Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Registered

Make them an offer. That boat has been on their floor plan for 2 years! They already paid enough interest on it. I'm sure they put the trailer under it to make it look like a more attractive package. Work it if you want it. Walk if they wont budge.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:39 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that boat has to go. They are paying the juice on it after 6-12 months depending on the mfg. Tell em to add up up what the invoice is plus interest is and see if it's still a good deal.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...thats interesting. Charlene at Raymonds can hold them for 3-5 years and not bat an eye....Darlin
Old 09-20-2006, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Well...thats interesting. Charlene at Raymonds can hold them for 3-5 years and not bat an eye....Darlin
LMAO!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, then she likes to see money sit and go stale for longer than most dealers do. But, more power to her if that's the program. The market has become national - no longer regional. Especially on leftovers. There is no "territory" on them. Shop around, but remember that when you need a small item fixed at 4 o'clock on a Friday it's most likely your sellling dealer that will take care of it.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:15 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

In 2001 I bought a 2000 21 ft Chris Craft (awesome run-about BTW) that had a 42K sticker price. I had the dealer put a trailer under it at cost and walked out the door with it for $24,600. They were ready to move it and we worked out a deal. If you like the boat offer them what it's worth to YOU, don't worry about what they think it's "worth"....it's 3 years old!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
NO JOKE, VB, I TRIED TO BUY THE LAST CIGARETTE THAT SHE HAD THERE AND SHE WAS ASKING THE SAME PRICE FOR 3 YEARS STRAIGHT AND WOULD NOT BUDGE. I GUESS DARLIN IF YOU PRAY LONG ENOUGH THE MONEY WILL JUST FALL FROM THE SKY. STILL LIKED THE BOAT THOUGH BUT I THINK IT WAS ROUGHLY A 5 YEAR HOLDOVER PERIOD.HAMMER
Old 09-20-2006, 04:08 PM
Registered

I bought my 2004 30 OL in November 2005 and the dealer had it on the showroom floor for over 500 days and was ready to move it or trade to another dealer for a smaller boat he could sell.

Red

Quick Reply: How long do dealers keep new boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.