Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How far would you go...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141076-how-far-would-you-go.html)

stonecaster 09-21-2006 04:46 PM

How far would you go......

to buy a boat? I live on the West Coast so I thought I would check out East Coast. What builders? Every West Coast dealer seems to have a pinata of drama

bouyhunter 09-21-2006 04:56 PM

Re: How far would you go......

If you're talking used boat, depends on how bad I want the particular boat and how much homework I've done to make sure that it is indeed the boat I want. In some cases, I'd be willing to travel nationally. In other cases, I may not travel more than 250 - 500 miles.

If you're talking new, I'd do as much research as I could on a few Co's I was interested in, and maybe make a vacation out of checking out a few different builders and walking the factory, and test driving.

jhiguy377 09-21-2006 05:25 PM

I've bought almost all of my boats from the East Coast -Jeff

lucy 09-21-2006 05:30 PM

That is in every Coast

Originally Posted by stonecaster
to buy a boat? I live on the West Coast so I thought I would check out East Coast. What builders? Every West Coast dealer seems to have a pinata of drama

stonecaster 09-21-2006 05:38 PM

Does anyone know if any particular builder has the best ocean layup?

Indy 09-21-2006 05:42 PM

I went as far at I had to in 2000, live in CT and went to AZ for it. Distance means nothing these days.

Stormrider 09-21-2006 05:50 PM

if its really what you want, go get it.
i bought mine in fla, and sold it to NC

Chris Sunkin 09-21-2006 07:14 PM

If you're talking about a new boat, I wouldn't waste the trip. Go see Larry Smith.

CAP071 09-21-2006 07:42 PM

What exactly are you lookin to buy ?

FeverMike 09-21-2006 07:59 PM

East Coast builder have drama too...just look at any Fountain, Apache or Cigarette thread...lots of drama! If you are buying new you should have any of these dealers on your coast. If you want something really custom and from the west coast with what I call a east coast look see if Larry Smith will build you a Scarab.

sleek1 09-21-2006 09:50 PM

If it is the boat, condition, and price I want I'd travel across the country to get it. I'm looking at mostly east coast boats and I live in AZ.

Tony Montana 09-21-2006 10:01 PM

http://www.activethunderboats.com/activethunder.htm

Here you go. The new boats they are putting out are very sweet :D

Revd Up 09-21-2006 10:07 PM

Drove 26 hrs one way to get mine. If it's what you want , you just have to go and get it. :D

H20 Toie 09-21-2006 10:31 PM

I flew to Ok to look at a boat and then drove back and picked it up. i have friends that have gone to florida and got boats. if you want an offshore boat then you need to check with Phil at Lipship it will be worth your while.

X-Rated30 09-21-2006 10:55 PM

As far as it takes to get whatever you want and stay within your budget. I have been to Philly twice for the last two boats, and drove it back last time. Would have been the same price to flatbed it back, but it was an adventure.

It is a big expense to buy a boat. No reason not to make it fun. :cool:

Sydwayz 09-21-2006 11:53 PM

Drop me a line. The new Active Thunders are shearly amazing. I can answer questions, and put you on the path to owning one. What size boat are you looking for? What is your price threshold? Do you want new or pre-owned?

Shoot me a PM and I will respond with my phone number.

Perfectmix 09-22-2006 08:04 AM

The price of going the distance to find what you really want is nothing compared to the price of compromising on a boat just because it is close. Besides road trips to look at boats are some of the most memorable experiences I've had. Some good, some bad:D Good Luck.

CAP071 09-22-2006 08:16 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhh The road trips stories I have about going to look at boats. I'm suprised I still have friends left. :D

I will never forget any of them :drink:

CAP071 09-22-2006 08:17 AM

X rated you were here twice and didn't stop in for a beer :eek: :drink:

THE BULL 09-22-2006 08:23 AM

I would definitely consider www.adrenalinepowerboats.com OCEAN CRUSHERS!!! Out of Georgia ask for MIKE !

GLH 09-22-2006 09:46 AM

If the deal is good I would go a LONG way...

Best bet is to have a known local OSO bro check it out before you expend a trip to make sure your not beiing "Beavboated" pardon the expression... in other words lined up for a reaminn...

sakoutis3 09-22-2006 09:58 AM

Does anyone know if any particular builder has the best ocean layup?

Outer Limits :evilb: :evilb:

Sean 09-22-2006 10:00 AM

bull...

where the hell you been?

tracy and tammy said there was a sighting! LOL

what's new and exciting dude? drop me a line...

stonecaster 09-22-2006 05:59 PM

I checked out adrenaline website. How long have they been around?

stonecaster 09-22-2006 06:00 PM

Outerlimits is by far the sweetest! If I ever have the extra $$ and can get one used, I will be all over it. High resale value I can tell

TxFountain 09-22-2006 06:21 PM

Outerlimits is by far the sweetest! If I ever have the extra $$ and can get one used, I will be all over it. High resale value I can tell

STONECASTER, I sent you a PM

King Tart 09-22-2006 07:07 PM

Drove from Austin TEXAS to Chicago round trip in 48 hours (one hotel). The gas was free so what the heck :D

THE BULL 10-06-2006 12:25 PM

Sean,
I saw the twins at Claudios a little while back, sure miss that place!!! Couple of big Cigs hangin around there that day! I am still in Jupiter, FL.....you gotta come and visit some time. The Outlaw is gone, but I picked up a 27 Pursuit walkaround with some Yammies........miss the speed!!!

THE BULL 10-06-2006 12:29 PM

Stone- Adrenaline has been around for over 5 years and builds some serious rides............outside of Atlanta

Zudnic 10-06-2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by sleek1
If it is the boat, condition, and price I want I'd travel across the country to get it. I'm looking at mostly east coast boats and I live in AZ.

Same except I live in Central Washington so makes finding what I want a little harder. Biggest problem I have is finding time to travel and look at it.

Sydwayz 10-06-2006 01:06 PM

I sold my old boat from Virginia to Montana.

I bought my new boat from Arizona, and brought it to Virginia.

Steve H 10-06-2006 03:03 PM

I live in S.W. Washinton State. Over the last ten years or so I have purchased one boat in Pittsburg, another from Daytona Beach, and the last one out of Ft. Lauderdale.
I sold one that went to Puerto Vallarta, another one went to Long Beach CA, still have the one from Ft. Lauderdale. Although I'm starting to get that itch again. Probably time to start shopping again.

Steve H

Steve_H 10-06-2006 03:23 PM

Missouri to:

Michigan

California (made it a 10 day vacation and hit 6 bodies of water in the process) :cool:

Arizona (48 hours round trip from friday night to Sunday night) :rolleyes:

Steve H (senior) :p

cosmic12 10-06-2006 03:46 PM

I drove from central n. y. to pompano beach fla to get mine and will probly do it again. doing the search and the road trips are 1/2 the fun. ck out Active Thunder built for the ocean with that old school east coast look and they are doing some great things these days :cool: