Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Does this pic make U cringe or is it just me? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141084-does-pic-make-u-cringe-just-me.html)

29goingon42 09-21-2006 08:48 PM

Does this pic make U cringe or is it just me?

1 Attachment(s)
I was lookin around in the classified and saw this beached. ahhhhhh the rocks have mercy the rocks on the shore. :eek: :eek:

My buddy beached a boat very carefully in real soft sand but a hidden rock off the shore did a very deep 10ft. long rip in the gel down to the glass. :eek: = 2month lay up $6000 later.

29goingon42 09-21-2006 08:50 PM

Re: Does this pic make U cringe or is it just me?

1 Attachment(s)
One more shallow water mishap. DOAH!!

articfriends 09-21-2006 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just park it on the beach and party on!

Coolerman 09-21-2006 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by articfriends

The name on that boat says it all!! :drink:

cosmic12 09-22-2006 09:44 AM

I never beach mine never :eek: What I don't get is all the pics of boats rafted off all the time without one fender between them :eek:

tblrklakemo 09-22-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by articfriends

saved the cooler of beer

wannabe 09-22-2006 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by 29goingon42
I was lookin around in the classified and saw this beached. ahhhhhh the rocks have mercy the rocks on the shore. :eek: :eek:

My buddy beached a boat very carefully in real soft sand but a hidden rock off the shore did a very deep 10ft. long rip in the gel down to the glass. :eek: = 2month lay up $6000 later.

Is that a Mares Cat?

Wannabe

el indio 09-22-2006 10:22 AM

Beaching an expensive any thing is totally insane! Unless you are sinking........mark........p.s......maybe those boats need wheels with tires.

H20 Toie 09-22-2006 10:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I beach mine all the time.

hammer01 09-22-2006 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by wannabe
Is that a Mares Cat?

Wannabe

IT LOOKS A LOT LIKE THE 42 MTI LIKE AN 01 02 VERSION. REGARDLESS, THIS IS VERY HARD AND DAMAGING TO THE GEL. IT IS LIKE SANDPAPER 100 GRIT WITHOUT EVEN HAVING A BAD EXPERIENCE LIKE ME AND CATCHING THAT BURIED ROCK. JUST BOUGHT A BRAND NEW BAJA 38 SPECIAL THAT WAS SPECIAL ORDERED AND DELIVERED IN OCT OF '98 ('99 MODEL) AND TOOK IT ON ITS MAIDEN VOYAGE AND PUT A 4-6 FOOT COUGE(SP) AKA BIG AZZ DEEP SCRATCH DOWN THE KEEL OF THE BOAT. WHEN I PUT IT ON THE TRAILER THE NEXT DAY TO TOW HOME, I FRIGGIN WANTED TO THROW UP. I DID BUY ONE OF THE "BEACHIES" I BELIEVE IT IS CALLED TO HOOK TO FRONT BOW CLEATS AND SIDE CLEATS AND YOU DRIVE UP ON IT WHEN YOU PULL UP ON THE BEACH AND IT WORKED WELL WHEN THERE WAS NO CURRENT.