Like Tree0Likes

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-19-2001, 03:42 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
The tide here at OSO seems to be slowly turning against Chris.

Your right Bryan, smells like ****.
Old 10-19-2001, 08:38 PM
Speedmaster

To end this discussion... unless it is an older "classic" Donzi....sell it... Every one
of the newer ones that have passed through our doors have serious issues..enough said

Old 10-21-2001, 01:32 AM
stingray

Speed, I guess that pretty much sums it up. It's a damn shame.....

Old 10-21-2001, 02:43 AM
Registered

Speedmaster that’s what I’d call a slam-dunk.

Chris
Old 10-21-2001, 09:15 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

My Boats: 2003 Donzi 33ZX
SPEEDMASTER, RECKLESS, yes a shame, but mark my word on this one. For one reason or another this issue will never get settled unless it is done in a court of law, and in my opinion that is not even in the schedule. And I said this last time this thread was refreshed......

So I will revist this thread in January or February to see what the latest is.

Good luck Chris, in your defense, like I have said before, if it were me I would handle it in the very same way Chris has, but I would ALSO have a damn good attorney that would tell me what I could tell the world and what I couldn't. Could you at least tell us what Law Firm represents you???

Lastly, this was not a negative post towards you Chris, just my thoughts.

Bryan
RECKLESS see ya about 2 today!

www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html

[ 10-21-2001: Message edited by: Donzi 22ZX ]
Old 10-22-2001, 02:30 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

My Boats: '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
Angry

Chris,

What type of solution do you want? You have never said what you want to settle for.

Chris has shown his hand here folks. He says in one breath, he would never own another Donzi and that You should never own another Donzi, while in the next breath, makes it clear that the only remedy acceptable to him would be - guess what - a brand spanking new 80K Donzi. And also he says, "Give me that brand new 80K Donzi and adjust my trailer for it, or I'll keep posting my twisted, half truth, smear champain against you."

Donzi offered to take the boat back and repair it, and have probably made other offers of remedy we don't know of.
Old 10-23-2001, 09:38 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: '88 Formula F-206 LS
Have you considered calling a local TV station and talking to a consumer advocate?
Maunfacturers hate to have their bad buisness practices spred around. TV exposure would give them a real PR headache.
If that doesn't work, then it's time to file suit in court and they'll have to explain why they won't cover your hull.

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: Iggy ]
Old 10-23-2001, 01:01 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1988 Donzi Regazza
I read the offer by Donzi that they would take the boat back to the factory and repair it. I dont see what the issue is. The boat is 5yrs old granted he bought it new 2 yrs ago but it still is 5 yrs old and they offered to repair it at no cost. That is want any manufacturer marine or otherwise is obligated to do and they offered to do it. so what is the problem. if you bought a new car and the paint started to deteriorate they would repaint it not give you a new car give me a break i think this guy is just looking for a free boat out of the deal.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:37 PM
Registered

I would not trust a repair. The jury is still out on whether blistering can even be repaired. According to some, the process of blistering creates pthtallic acid that cannot be removed even if the boats sits dry for years. Once re-submerged the process will start all over again. These are the findings of some scientists.
Old 10-23-2001, 01:52 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454
Mike with all due respect the comparison of paint on a car is a very poor one. First of all paint is not structural, so if the paint peels off it has no bearing on the car falling apart. In this case the blisters are from poor manufacturing (as that is the ONLY way that that many blisters will EVER show up on a boat that new). Like I said my boat is 25 years old and there is not a blister on it. You Donzi guys that are not seeing the problem hear are blinded by your brand loyanty. If this was a Formula that looked like this and the owner was being treated the way this guy is, I would feel the same way as I do with it being a Donzi. I love the older Donzi's. They are TRUE classics. I am not a fan of the new style but that is personal preference and I would never say a manufacture makes junk based on my opinion of their style. I like the lines of older boats that is all. However for you Donzi guys to be so blind as to not see that they have a big time manufacturing problem is just plain obsurd. There are a lot of Donzi's out there with this same problem. Even dealers are saying that they have problems. The response that is given from you all is that there was poor maintnence. "I must not be taking care of my boat properly". My seats are getting wet so there are now bubbles I should really take care of my boat better. Waite a min. I thought we all bought boats. Am I not sapposed to swim off my boat and get it wet. **** I missed that!!! Why don't I just park it in my heated climate controled garrage and never take it out so that I am not accused of improper care. Please!!!! You should be able to sink it to the bottom of the ocean for a month and pull it with no blisters. Anything less is poor quality of construction!!! Plain and simple Donzi is making junk. Oh ya now I am really going to lay in on them now because they will not give me access to Donzi.net. Aparently they do not believe in open discusion. Of course I would tone it down there being a new guy in the block however there is a lot of improper info going on about blistering. But to call the buy Blisterboy is out of control. They are making junk boats and untill they stop my opinion of them will not change. That being said they have great history, their older boats were some of the best looking of their time. However their new boats are Chopper gun boats and they do not deserve their reputation that was garnished from the beginning. This guys boat can not be fixed. It would cost way too much to try and PROPERLY repair a boat with that much damage. You can never get a boat to come out as good as it does when it comes out of the mold. What are they going to do grind down the whole boat and reglass it then repaint it? How is that going to look? Hey They offered the ten year warrantee. Any reputable company would give him a new hull and swap things over for him and stand behind their product with out the name calling. If they do not make the hull that he currently owns that is not his fault that is theirs and they offered up the 10 year warrantee. What are they going to do if the boat were to crack in half? Just say for this much more we will sell you an even bigger more expensive piece of junk? Why should he be punished any more then he already has been. I would be assamed to take that boat out!!

Jon