UPDATE!  Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering >

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Notices

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-23-2001, 12:54 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh ya why don't you take up residence in Mass and file a 93a lawsuit. Check it out on the web. Mass is brutal with consumer protection and manufacturers making junk. Maybe your state has a similiar law.

Jon
Old 10-23-2001, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Jon -- Thanks for that. Now I don't need to post because your entry pretty much sums up my feelings on this issue. No boat that age should look like that Donzi. That is pathetic. You don't even need to own a boat to know that isn't right. It kills me to think of myself in chrkr's position. New, expensive toy that's a POS. What a heart breaker...

Step up Donzi. Show 'em how you take care of your customers. Show 'em how you used to make boats.

Sean
Old 10-23-2001, 02:03 PM
Registered

I still think you should take it to every Donzi regata and as many boat shows as possible. Hand out flyers. You are bound to get a response. I know I would be flat out heart broken if I was screwed like that. I have seen countless old beaten up faded pieces of junk lying dead in the back of boat yards with better gel coat than that. No excuses that thing needs to be swapped out. How much could it cost the dealer anyway. I have to imagine they lost more in the way of potential revenue from buyers than what it would have cost to take care of the customer.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:40 PM
MikeStar

FWIW, here's a link to a series of articles on blisters written by Dave Pascoe. Dave is a marine surveyor out of Florida and runs a number of websites with some interesting reading on construction, marine engineering, and other boat-related topics. He tends to concentrate on larger cruisers and sportfishing vessels, but there is a lot of good reading on his site(s).
Blister articles:
http://www.yachtsurvey.com/blisters.htm

Main sites:
http://www.yachtsurvey.com
http://www.marinesurvey.com
http://www.docksidereports.com

Old 10-23-2001, 03:17 PM
Registered

Cool

AudioFn, when were you denied access to www.donzi.net , I do know the site was down most of the weekend, was that the problem ?

blue-llama

[ 10-23-2001: Message edited by: blue-llama ]
Old 10-23-2001, 04:17 PM
Registered

my point was they offered to fix a boat that was 5yrs old for no cost to the owner. I highly doubt any other manufactuer would give soemone a brand new boat to replace a 5yr old one with blisters at no cost. if anyone knows of one who has I would like to know I would buy one of ther boats in a second. I Highly doubt if any manufacturer of any product would replace a 5yr old product with a new one becuse it is defective. I am not disputing the fact that it is unacceptable for a boat to blister like that. If it was mine I would let Donzi fix it the go trade it in on someting else or sell it before it ever hit the water again.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:14 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

i think speedmaster summed it up.

BlueLightning marine sees alot of boats. And this is the first time I have ever seen them speak out against any particular brand.
Old 10-23-2001, 05:58 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do not repair it and then trade it off. UNLESS the prospective new owner is made aware of the repair. Yeah right! That is just passing the buck. If I were to purchase this boat from Chris after repaired and was not made aware of the problem, I guarantee you his problem would not be over. NOTE: I'm using this particular post as an example, not Chris as the individual. This boat needs to be destroyed by Donzi themselves. Period! How they settle with Chris will be up to both parties.
Old 10-23-2001, 08:12 PM
blackhawk

This was on the Donzi.net website a few months ago. If I remember right, the whole post was deleted because other facts came into play that the owner neglected to mention.

Old 10-23-2001, 09:07 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
If there were facts that came into play that sapport Donzi's case then why would the Donzi Web Page delete them? Try again!! I tried to register when I first saw that they had a web page about 2 weeks ago then again when I saw that they were making fun or Blister Boy.

Quick Reply: UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.