UPDATE!  Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering >

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Notices

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-25-2001, 02:16 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RECKLESS, you the man with all the answers, guess that is why your a sea daddy to us young folk!

I can barely type for laughing!

I am not in the market for used, this one is still in the wrap, being preped this minute for that matter.
I stand by what I said, we all love our boats, defend our brands etc. As far as the blister boat, he needs a lawyer, did I just read "what are my rights in this situation?" That refers me back to my smelling post!

I am truely glad Sunsation is an awesome boat, is there an owners thread now, didn't it used to be in the misc. category on OSO?m Or was that your Stingray?

See ya Saturday dude!
Bryan
Old 10-25-2001, 02:30 PM
Registered

Jon seems to have covered the bases:
1) Get an agreement on the costs to transport the boat
2) Get an agreement on what you both consider a reasonable time for them to look over the boat and reply with their decision
3) If they agree to repair the boat, get a timeline for repairs
4) If they make the repairs, get an agreement on what lengh of guaratee they will make on the repair
5) Some type of clause needs to be made to cover yourself if you are not happy with the quality of the repair
6) I'd have them split your costs to come there and sign off on the repair
7) get an agreement regarding the marine survey

Anyone think of anything else?
Old 10-25-2001, 02:32 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds to me like they want to work with you. Why don't YOU trailer the boat to them? It would only cost you your time.

I think you MUST allow them the opportunity to repair (or see if it can be repaired) the boat. It is then up to them to decide to replace.

I would have their proposal in writing. Don't concern yourself about "what if". Get the boat to them under the premise that they will repair it. If they don't think it can be done correctly, then talk to them about "what if."

Take it a step at a time.

I think Donzi is a reputable company and they will do you right. Allow them to do you right by their rules.

Best of luck to you.
Old 10-25-2001, 02:42 PM
stingray

Donzi22:
I like pulling your chain pal. Sounds like your being offered a great deal on those three 26's up North. You know my thoughts. Run up Sunday and pick one of those puppy's up. I'd go with the 502 over the 454 though....

As far as the misc section is concerned, that was for the trusty ole StingRay...Man I loved driving that rocket...

Chris, I don't envy your position. In spite of what all was said above concerning this problem and as others have said, you have to belly up to the table and make a call. I think potentially when they look at the entire rig they may just opt to swap the guts and put them in a new hull. No matter what, I don't think you'll escape scott-free. Got friends in florida? Take the time and tow it yourself...

Old 10-25-2001, 04:14 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
as i said in an earlier reply i would be careful of letting donzi repair this gel.while they have one of the best paint and graphics shops in the buisness, their gel repairs are very poor.i've had to re-do a fair number of donzi factory repairs,all on boats that were less than a year or two old, some were brand new.just to give you an idea of what they would have to do.all gel would have to be ground off,re-sprayed than the fun part,the entire boat would have to be re-shaped by hand.chine's ,strake's , sides the whole surface. than buffed to gloss.and that...my friends... is a HUGE project.evan if they can fix it,chris,do you think you could sit easy putting it back in the water.from the looks of it on your web site, it's borderline weather it would evan be cost effective to repair.as i also mentioned before i've dealt with donzi directly a few times,and have had no problems ,hope they can resolve this for you.
Old 10-25-2001, 06:38 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

RECKLESS, thanks, we are heading North Sunday, may pass on the party this week.

Chris, good luck, I hope this works out for you...

Calling for 40 degrees tonight, winter may be on the way in VA!
Old 10-26-2001, 01:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Chris, as you can't use the boat as is and they are offering to fixit, I would tow it to them and get in writing a date it will be ready for you to inspect before they deliver it back to you or have them pay to have it shipped to them and have in writing from them a date it will be ready for you to drive out and pick it up.
When we bought our new Warlock we had problems with the outboard brackets that were on the boat at 8 hours, towed the boat 1200 miles to get it fixed, wasn't Warlocks fault but their provider, my warranty stated that I had to get the boat back to the factory, if you have in written warranty that you only need to get it o the nearest dealer, than I would tell them what day you will drop it off at the dealer and get in writing when it will be returned. Don't know how Donzi's warrantees are written.
Just my $.02
Caleb
Old 10-26-2001, 01:57 AM
stingray

GlassDave man you are really making it tough for this guy...

Bryan!! Don't diss the party man! At least come pay your respects to Dave & Amy who are puttin' out a great effort by all accounts...

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

Old 10-26-2001, 02:04 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
its a tough situation,not quite sure what donzi will do.
Old 10-26-2001, 11:03 AM
stingray

Yup, that's what is making this post so interesting. It like a boater's soap-opera....

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

Quick Reply: UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.