Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
UPDATE!  Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering >

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Notices

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 11-21-2001, 11:38 PM
Vonbongo

http://www.bajaboats.com/

An unsatisfied customer of Baja put up a site, Baja tried to get his domain name taken away and lost.

It's an interesting read.

Old 11-22-2001, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
I have loved and owned many Donzi classics over the years but I would not even consider a new Donzi because from what I have seen from 95 on they are cheaply made blister barges
And I do not make negative posts!
Old 11-22-2001, 12:47 AM
Vonbongo

Just read the VW story, that is truly amazing

Old 11-22-2001, 01:02 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah! Me too. And I thought the Cat and Vee topics where long. They hit 20 pages in just 1 day and over 2000 hits! Looks like the net has power after all!
Old 11-22-2001, 08:34 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IGGY, saw your reply, I just checked, his site is still there, he last updated it 11-9.

So I guess the lawyer keeping him quiet theory is shot....

I too am curious as to the latest!
Old 11-22-2001, 10:54 AM
Frank Civitano

I just bought a Brand new Donzi, Again they are coming through. We went over my new boat with a ruler, It was sort of annoying but I am glad we did. There was a void in the wind screen were the Fiberglass didn't penetrate. There giving me a new rug because of a stain they checked to make sure every electrical item works, There was also a scratch on one of the trim tabs. Hell I could care less about that! I took a ride down to Cape Island they have a Donzi rep working on the boat, Not a Cape Island empolyee! New wind screen on, Rug is in a plastic bag and there waiting for the new trim tab. They are also applying a liquid teflon base finish that is supposed to be good for 1 year. He said he will give me the name. So far they are surpassing my expectations like they did on my last boat. I was looking at a few boats and I almost bought a Sonic. Until I took the boat for a ride and I didn't like all the fiberglass showing in the cabin. The boat runs good but not the fastest boat in the world! There are two production line boats that to me put a little more in there boats then any other boat for fit and finish. Donzi and Fountain. I dont like looking in a Cabin and seeing fiberglass on a non racing boat. Donzi and Fountain do not show any glass in the cabin. They are plush. I looked at a Fountain 27 and 29 very pretty boats but there is 3-4ft missing of the bottom and it looks like the 27 is a 24 and I don't like big windshields. The Donzi 26 is the brother to the 28. Same cockpit less 1 engine with 12 inches off the nose. But the boat is more like a 27, She is 26.5 in length. With the Paint job the boat is Awesome.

Old 11-22-2001, 09:31 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Hi all, and hello to my friend Frank C, well I too bought a brand spanking new 26ZX a couple weeks ago! AWESOME!!! I did not wait for spring to splash either, 22 hours now!

Anyway, my walk through took all morning, only 2 minor flaws, 1/2" rip on the underside of one cushion (dealer found I didn't) and some glue on the steering wheel which will not come off. Dealer tells me they are being shipped to me direct.
I bought my Donzi from the BOAT STORE in Northeast PA. Great folks....
This is my second Donzi, 22, now 26 as I work my way forward in length. I will return to PA when it is 33ZX time in my life...

I have posted several times on this string and stand by my statement from early on, and that there is a piece of this puzzle which is not being told to all of us BB users.
Donzi builds great boats in my opinion, yes they are slow to answer on their website, but I always get a breathing human on the 1-800 number for customer service, they never do the "may I ask whose calling" gig, they just answer......

seey a soon Frank..... Bryan

www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html

[ 11-22-2001: Message edited by: 2001 26ZX ]
Old 11-23-2001, 08:49 AM
Frank Civitano

If my boat blisters I know they will stand behind it, And That Is a Fact! I don't know what is wrong with the other boat? There is more then what is being said. Like I said from the begining If my $80,000 Boat blistered and I didn't get a response the First thing I would do is Call A Lawyer (Pat Patel) he would be my choice. Donzi always came through as far as my boat was concerned always! Bryan see you soon and yes next boat. A 33 ZX daytona or I can give my wife a heart attack and go for the 38.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Frank Civitano ]

Old 11-23-2001, 11:22 AM
my BAJAmas

"We want you miss as little
as possible of the season. "
And this guy is the Dir. of Customer Service??
Maybe they should send him to grammer school while your boat is getting a facelift!!
So sorry to hear about the crap your going through,, I went through some with the purchase of my last boat,, but it's knee deep compared to what your into,,

Old 11-23-2001, 11:28 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

FRANK, waaazzzzzuuuupppp?

Donzi cust serv guys may not be able to type but they provide great customer service. Plus Grammer school would cut into "boting seeson"....

My lawyer joice would be Loul (THE HAMMER) Stanley!

Just had to throw that in there, must be the budwisers! LOL

No Blisters on mine yet, damn I better go check, it has been a few hours since I checked, and it did sprinkle today!

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: 2001 26ZX ]

Quick Reply: UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.