Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
UPDATE!  Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering >

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Notices

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-14-2001, 03:26 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

I am currently in the market for a new boat, Donzi was one I was considering. NO LONGER CONSIDERING AFTER READING YOUR STORY!

Old 10-15-2001, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The surveyor states that the gelcoat is defective and also states that you took exemplary care of the boat. The bad part is that you don't know what was happening to this boat between 1996 when it was made and 1999 when you bought it. What way to you have of knowing that the dealer didn't keep it in the water?
Old 10-15-2001, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should put this link on the donzi registry and put it on display at all donzi regatta/rallies. I started to get stress cracks on my 22'classic and they did not do **** for me either since it was on the deck and not the hull. This was when it was one year old and under warrantee. Phuk donzi
Old 10-15-2001, 10:44 AM
stingray

I find it strange I'm not seeing any repsonse from the Donzi folks. They're taking a spanking here with no rebuttal...

Some friends of mine own very nice Donzi's and for the few little things they've needed repsonse on, Donzi has done an impressive job handling their problems...

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

Old 10-15-2001, 10:46 AM
Registered

Here's a thought, does donzi have an e-mail address?? I'm sure hundreds of people from all over the country (a.k.a. O.S.O) can send an e-mail saying how we cant belive they have not addressed this and promply fixed the defictive gel coat. If not, I'll be sure to let all of my fellow boaters know how you stand behind your product, and then reference the web page. Let me know, I'll send them an e-mail, And hopefully the squeaking wheel will get the grease. Gel blisters are not uncommon and I've always seen them taken care of by the factory, but that was on a few baja's at my marina, I guess baja care's about customers opinion more than donzi?? Good luck with this, lets see if we can rally up some support from our oso troops and bomb the **** out of donzi's e-mail and see if it helps.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]
Old 10-15-2001, 11:36 AM
Wild Horses

Donzi's E-mail ladies & gentlemen. It really makes you reconsider your options for purchasing that next boat.
[email protected]

I once owned... please no remarks from the peanut gallery.. a 21' Maxum with a 5.0l lx.
It was a year old when I smacked a deadhead about the size of a telephone pole. Cracked the hull right down the middle. They shipped it off to the factory in Washington over the winter for evaluation. Guess what! It was going to cost $11,000 to repair the hull. However, upon evaluation at the factory they noted that the gell on the entire top deck was blistering. Maxum replaced the hull and topdeck at no cost to myself and even included the shipping to and from Ontario to Washington. They simply swapped the interior and drivetrain into a new boat.
That's why in my early days I owned three of them. Excellent service and warranty.

Old 10-15-2001, 11:45 AM
stingray

Now that's a story of warranty and factory response...
I think even at this point even if Donzi finally got onboard with solving this I somehow don't feel Chris will be stopping in at the nearest Donzi dealer anytime soon...

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

Old 10-15-2001, 12:10 PM
stingray

What would Active Thunder do in a situation like that???

Old 10-15-2001, 12:43 PM
Registered

Reckless,

I really am not following you, just a tad slow at work today so doing some serious OSO surfing. This is just one mans opinion, so.. I am certian that Pat would stand behind his boat if it was one of his. I know that he has just put a lifetime warentee on the hulls for the origional owner. I asked about it and the reply was that they have never had a problem so it makes it easy to extend that type of coverage. They will and do stand behind their boats. I even had some gel coat repairs done on my 1998 just last year and they worked with the repair shop to ensure it was a perfect match. Give Steve or Pat a shout and ask him that same question. 954-782-1111. Or shoot me an e-mail and I will be more than happy to discuss my experiences with them as a company.

Dan
Old 10-15-2001, 12:48 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This might not be a comperable example, but I first bought my 25 Thunder early in 1998. Since my boat was built to race in Factory class, Active Thunder tried some layup changes to make the boat lighter. After a few races, the hull showed some signs of delamination. The boat went back to the factory where it was derigged, taken apart, and inspected by representatives of some of the material manufacturers along with Pat and the folks at Active Thunder. They found out what failed and why, and learned how to build a better boat. Great thing about factory class racing, the manufacturer learns how to build a better boat, and we the consumers come out ahead. The last week of October I went to Pompano Beach and picked up a new and improved 25 Thunder. Two days later, the new 25 Thunder and two Kansas boys finished 4th in the APBA World Finals in Biloxi behind 3 grandfathered, purpose built "A" boats with experienced teams.
Bottom line is, even when their product was put thru the most extreme racing conditions, Pat and Active Thunder stood behind their product.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Gordo ]

Quick Reply: UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.