UPDATE!  Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering >

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Notices

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-15-2001, 09:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
i didnt mean to slam the boats ,like i said i still think its a good boat. its their in house repairs i've seen problems with.they've had me do some pretty extensive stuff , including an almost complete re-gel coat of a
1999 38zx deck, so i now they stand behind their boats.i cant imagine why they wont stand behind this boat

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: glassdave ]

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: glassdave ]
Old 10-15-2001, 10:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Frank, do you think maybe you slightly exaggerated on those 15' waves and that your 22ZX with 377HP goes 80 all day long. This is the same crap I get from you Donzi guys. On my last thread #15 you pumped me up on how good Donzi is, and resale and all that other happy horse**** and when I looked alot closer, which is what I have should have done to begin with Im sure glad I didnt buy one, and your wrong to say that Donzi is better than Active Thunder or Sonic., and has better resale, its nice to deal with the owner and not some snob nosed dealer ahole who has been brainwashed that Donzi is the best, and has nothing to back it up with, they didnt even know who Outerlimits, AT, or Sonic were. These guys take care of their warranty claims, what good is that B.S. Z-CARE if they dont take care of their problems. Bottom line this guy needs to be taken care of and as far as any one goes at the Donzi factory which no one ever got back to me like they said If you cant play right get out of the game, lower you prices, fix your in house problems and fighting, enforce your Z-CARE warranty and most of all take care of people who buy your product after the sale.
Old 10-16-2001, 06:34 AM
Frank Civitano

Jazzman My boat does not have 377hp, I won 1st place radar shoot out my boat has 510hp s/c Typhoon Marine built. Also ask anyone who raced the Point Pleasent race 2 years ago about those exagerated waves. If it wasn,t for my wife and kids I would of played in it for awhile longer. I ran in 7 Poker Runs this Summer alone I don't have to proof anything. anyone that knows me or my boat knows what I can and will do!

Old 10-16-2001, 07:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Frank, your right you dont have to proove anything to me, or anybody else. I do apologize on assuming that you had stock motors, typhoon is a great co., but to want to play longer in 15 waves is to much for me, your kahunas are bigger than mine especially in a single engine 22'. After I left that message last knight I got a call from the owner at the Donzi Dealership 4-weeks late, he stated that the factory was going to call today. I told him too late, I bought a boat and they still are going to fix my uncles 33ZX. I understand why you defend them and I would probably do the same thing if our boat was in the same condition yours is in. They have some issues on their line, in house fighting, and laminate problems that you may be unaware of, they are relying on their heritage and starving for sales, because of overprice and average quality and warranty that is worth sh*t. There is more to my story that you are not aware of but I will leave it at that. Take care.
Old 10-16-2001, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can somewhat vouch for Frank. I’ve seen pictures of him making love to
his trophies. Not pretty.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Over the years I have owned 8 Donzi classics from the 16 to 22ft. They were good boats although older models.
Two years ago I bought an 18 2+3 from a friend for cheap $, (he did not winterize properly and cracked the block) He is not mechanically inclined and decided to buy a new 16 2+2. We picked it up in July and had it in the water until the middle of september, when we hauled it out the ENTIRE bottom was blistered from only 2 mos. in the water. He was so discusted that the boat has not been used at all since. I think that Donzi needs to get thier act together.
Old 10-16-2001, 09:07 AM
Frank Civitano

Jazzman Thanks, Like I said I know what my boat is and how they stood behind it, After I SuperCharged it they said goodbuy. I will be truthfull and say dollar for dollar my next boat will not be a Donzi. Price is way to high and I could get a 35 Sonic cheaper then a 33ZX and the Sonic runs great and its more my height, I am 5ft7 and a 33Zx to me is like a my kid driving my 22ft boat, I feel out of place, Donzi has the name but they have to get more in to custom if they want to survive in the big offshore game, The thing that Donzi has is easy resale because of name reconition to the general public on there smaller boats. Active is a great boat I have friends that own them and They run and handle well and you are right as far as dealing with the owners, Thats why I only deal with Donzi direct. Unless I know the dealer, Like East Coast in Bass river great guys There a Sonic,Warlock dealer. Jackson Marine in Maryland great people, ProRoc in Bricktown great people, Offshore Performance the same way, But these folks are all into performance boating. There is few I wont mention that sell Performance boats that also sell Bayliners great mix. That should not sell Hi performance. (Cant fix them either )
29 Outlaw, A pic from NJPPC I will never live down? hehehe

Old 10-16-2001, 11:43 AM
stingray

Red face

These last few postings have been very disappointing to me. I've always held the Donzi boat in high regards as well as their customer satisfaction rating. Maybe I've been buying the party line on it all...

With the advent of numerous quality manufacturers now online with outstanding boats at affordable prices, i.e. NOT get what you pay for but PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET!! Truths are starting to come out...There are major manufacturers now who've held the monopoly on boat sales by virtue of numbers available and big promotion money and now that other mfr's are getting reps for quality and OBTW affordable boats, their kingdoms are starting to fall and their loyal troops are beginning to jump ship. This also is exposing the flaws that have been well covered over the years. Think back to the eighties when the American car mfr's started to make cheap cars to decrease overhead and increase profits at the expense of the motorist. Maybe that has happened to some big boat factories who are falling on hard times yet still have a rep to sell....????

Just my observation.....OBTW, no Donzi factory guys responding here. DaveSunsation I know you're just sitting back being politically neutral on this and soaking in the comments....

Rick
www.HRPA.homestead.com/homepage.html

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Reckless288 ]

Old 10-16-2001, 12:16 PM
Frank Civitano

I am not jumping ship ( I love My Boat ) Just that The big Donzi is big on price and to big for me? I cant see over the damn dash! I love the 28 ZX but its just a little bigger then mine. The quality in my Donzi is still high quality. This is my second Donzi the first one a 1996 I had a problem with the gelcoat after the second year and they made good on it. In 1998 Gave me full boat trade Value or they were going to put my works in another hull. I Took the trade in.

Old 10-16-2001, 02:27 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, the thread is growing so I will speak some more, pay attention RECKLESS my friend (and we are friends!) Right RECKLESS?

Fortunately for me I am a happy Donzi owner, 1999 22ZX stock power, I had some windscreen problems last fall and they were johnny on the spot to pay the bill for the repair, ship a new top etc... GLASSDAVE (thoughts please) my problem may be a design issue, because the fairing cracking has returned but again the factory is there for me. If you go to Donzi.net and look under talk to the factory category you can see my cracking.
You guys are smart, figure what it cost for a 3rd party to hand chisel a fairing off, have a new one shipped and installed. A few bucks I think you would agree. Let alone the new outdrive the 5 year warranty paid for, but that is another type of warranty.
BUT, any extended or standard warranty you get, ANY, is figured into the production cost of the boat, I mean who do you think is paying for it? So far I believe they stand by their product.

I agree in the manner that CHRKER has handled his situation and believe me if I felt screwed, right or wrong I would turn loose on the web, more power to ya CHRKER and good luck. Donzi is loosing face on this deal, again, right or wrong.

The thread listing other Donzi problems is old and not up to date as of yesterday, so maybe they have fixed those big cruiser issues, non were their performance line.

CHRKER, I saw your reply to Frank and RickS but not to my reply regarding 2 items, 1. the Donzi rep surveyor did not sign the survey and 2. I was curious as to a ball park figure for what you paid for the leftover demo boat?
45K is cost on a 26ZX. Everything in the business world, (ok most things) have a 20% mark up, if not there would be no jobs or trucks on he roads etc... Donzi's do cost more, but take your average mid size performance boat and lay the standard feature list next to the Donzi brochure. Most things which are options to most are standard features on Donzi's.

I did want to comment on Franks 22ZX, it screams! Reckless and I will testify to the little 22 running 80MPH no sweat on Lake Cumberland!

ALSO, what performance boat manufactures DO warrant against hull blisters???

I see that retirement and the fact that he no longer owns a lake boat has given Reckless lots of time to beat up on topics like this, god forbid he ever has a problem with his boat! Maybe he should use his newfound spare time to take a world powerboat cruise with with Mr. Sunsation and the bayliner dude! LOL
Could be fun.... see ya Saturday Reckless
Bryan

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: Donzi 22ZX ]

Quick Reply: UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.