Like Tree0Likes

UPDATE! Opinions Wanted - Donzi Severely Blistering

Old 10-17-2001, 04:08 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

My Boats: 27' Scarab
i have a 1987 scarab with origonal gelcoat and no bottom paint there isn't a blister on the hull anywhere. Lat season i even left it in the water for 10 days straight. (Had some issues with my trcuk that had to be fixxed befor ei could tow anythign and of cours ethey arrose as i was backing my trailer down to pull it out of the water)

Reaguardless donzi should fix the blistering problem. That is one of the if not the worst blistering problem i have ever seen. They shoud lbe bending over backwards t make this right. They aren't a custom shop so there **** should not have have problems like that. DO searays have blistering issues like that? NO. And if they do, i am pretty sure searay will try to make it right. Any mass prodcuers should have the problems worked out before going into production and they shoudn't sell thier experiments. And even if it is a custom shop they should have thier hull figured out. Making sur ethe curing times are right and mixxing gel coat is ppretty essential to making good boat.

Isn't donzi now owned by brunswick, the same company that ownes bayliner and maxum?

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: puder ]
Old 10-17-2001, 10:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Thumbs down

Chris,

Whatever. Let us know when you file the lawsuit. Ought to be good for a few laughs.

Scott
Old 10-17-2001, 10:12 AM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

My Boats: BOATING, FAMILY, FRIENDS
Puder, Donzi is owned by American Marine Holdings (AMH). They build and own ProLine Boats.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:23 AM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

My Boats: poker runs offshore racing
chrker
For some odd reason your boat reminds me of a issue that has been discussed on a web site.
Forgive me if i'm wrong, but didnt you buy the boat (being full aware of the blister issue)like it was and then try to make a issue of the blisters by bashing donzi over it .I believe the boat was a demo boat used somewhere in salt water . I will agree that
the blisters on the boat means something is wrong but if you bought the boat knowing the blisters were there then shame on you for bashing donzi if not my apologize!
David
vagrants tiwns
lake norman nc
Old 10-17-2001, 11:42 AM
Wild Horses

'89 F311 Formula, NO bottom paint, some cheese crating from beaching it, couple of scratches below the water line from hitting lake lice..... not a single blister. Nuff said.

Old 10-17-2001, 02:13 PM
Registered

Vagrant:

That definitely wasn’t me you are referring to. No sign of or prior knowledge of blisters when boat was purchased.

If you can find out who that individual you are referring to is, I would really like to talk to him/her.

Regards,
Chris
Old 10-17-2001, 02:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1988 32' Pachanga
Did you guys check out our latest member?
"Donzi.net".......maybe someone at Donzi took me up on my offer to have a rep tackle this issue and have a rep on this site.
Old 10-17-2001, 02:40 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

That is the Harbormaster. He owns the Donzinet site. Welcome aboard.
Old 10-17-2001, 04:21 PM
RickS

Donzi has already responded to this issue on the Donzi Registry. Their response satisfies me.

Donzi states "We have had correspondence that he does not tel you about and there are issues that you and most others are unaware of. So for now, just know that we are not sitting on our laurels. ...we have been and still are working with this gentlemen."

Vagrant,
You may be thinking of the guy who bought a 33ZX or 38ZX which was bought back by the factory and then resold as a repaired boat. The owner started bashing Donzi but once it got out that he knew of the history when he purchased the boat he shut up.

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: RickS ]

Old 10-17-2001, 04:51 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

At least we have a factory response that they are dealing with him on the factory section of the DonziNet. Kinda puts a peice to the puzzle in that was not mentioned before. As I previously stated Donzi has always supported me as a customer. As Sherlock Holmes once said, "Speculation my dear Watson, prior to the accumulation of all the facts, invariably biases the outcome of events." Have a nice day folks. Ready for the weekend. DONZIMAN2