Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2002 offshore drivers poll/photos >

2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Notices

2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Old 01-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We at team eMotion will run any race we can in our area. Be it SBI. I'm not allowed to run APBA because my regigged boat for APBA (per their rule book) is NOT LEGAL per NEW RULES. Sell a 2000 boat ???????????
John,
Thanks for news letter it was great reading. I do agree with most of the letter.
Thanks,
Doug Gorenflo
Old 01-03-2002, 09:21 PM
Speedmaster

What the hell is FORCE? Never heard of it....

Old 01-03-2002, 10:08 PM

I dont understand how anyone can think that another organization whatever it may be; a promoters group or sanctioning body; will benefit the sport of offshore powerboat racing.The constant fragmentation of the sport has certainly hindered its growth.It seems there has always been organizations formed due to disatisfaction with the APBA:NPBA,USPBA,OPT,USO, and of course OPA/ SBI.While all these organizations seemed to have good intentions, none of them could accomplish what they set out to do, except to a certain extent SBI, although they have struggled to attract solid fleets of boats and to put on exciting races.The PROPS Series of the early nineties seemed to be very similar to what this new group is going to try to accomplish in 2002, and that didnt work either.I can certainly understand why some people may not like the direction of the APBA LLC, but in my opinion the positives far outweigh the negatives;solid fleets of boats,parity with the rules providing competitive racing and improved sponsorship programs and television exposure.I guess they have alienated themselves from some race sites by asking for more money, but can you really blame them for looking out for thier own best interest, and the interest of the race teams and corporate sponsors.The only way to get this sport to the next level is to generate more money for the organization which will eventually filter down to the race teams through improved exposure, sponsorship opportunities and more prize money, which will attract more race teams and corporate sponsors!Competing sanctioning bodies will continue to be detrimental to the sport; so in my opinion, everyone should get behind the APBA LLC.

Old 01-03-2002, 10:51 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Now I'm confused.

I've been away for a week so what did I miss. My question is, Does anyone know if APBA or SBI has embraced FORCE as having the ability to run divisional races AND what is the FORCE series listed on the APBA schedule page? Is this the same FORCE or a different FORCE?

May the FORCE be with you.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:40 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by john crouse:
<STRONG>Kent,

What I write is what I believe to be true. If I say that I will report on the results of my poll without comment that's just what I mean.
</STRONG>
Riiiiiiight. Just like the way you reported all the results from the last Enquirer type story you wrote...
Old 01-04-2002, 01:07 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Unhappy

Yeah, What Mr Park said!

Ya know, When Mr. Crouses story came out, I myself thought he was just desperately trying to sell some print. Flaky approach, but I guess business is business.
Then the new "RSVP" announces old APBA race sites. Interesting idea, but it just seemed like I was missing something here. As if there is somehow more to this story.
Then Mr Crouse trys to sway me further with private e-mails. (bad form dude).
And now it seems to me as though Mr. Crouse is grandstanding for this new "RSVP" group which he seems to have dubbed
FORCE APBA.
Force APBA to do what?
Is this to insinuate that the new FORCE, or RSVP is going up against APBA?

Allow me to speculate here...
Is it possible that Mr. Crouse is looking for that last hurrah and wants his name up there with Gene Whipp, Mike Allweiss and some of the other movers & shakers in the sport?
Is it possible Mr. Crouse and Mr. Carbonell are working together in an attempt to reorganize SBI? Maybe even under a new name?
Is Mr. Crouse involved with the new RSVP/FORCE group? Is he on their payroll? Is Mr. Carbonell and/or Mr. Crouse involved in some type of negotiations with this new group?
Is a frogs ass water tight?
Enquiring minds want to know!

[ 01-04-2002: Message edited by: Gordo ]
Old 01-04-2002, 07:33 AM
Registered

Is a FROGS ASS water tight? ROTFLMFAO! Gordo you are the BEST dude! Have a good weekend. Nice post.

Shane
Old 01-04-2002, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gordo,

I've stood on the sidelines here with the whole John Crouse thing to see how it played out, but now..

I gotta speculate here too and some of my questions have been answered about FORCE, but just seeing the posts by Steve David and John Crouse, I can't imagine these two being "associated" with one another.

Having never met either one and only going on the written word, I see David as a mild mannered, well educated, devoted, and thoughtful person, willing to help those here and expecting nothing in return. Crouse ont the other hand seems to like to ruffle feathers in his gruff Texan way, while trying to make a buck here...and serve his own self interests under the guise of "setting the record straight". I believe he has a wealth of knowledge of offshore racing(especially from the early years). I intend to begrudginly purchase his book, but as I said it seems that his posts here are simply self promotion and an attempt to get board members to:

1. hate Mike Alweiss, and
2. buy his stuff

Just my .02

In cohoots??? I doubt it
Old 01-04-2002, 12:33 PM
offshore1_2000

Boy oh boy, sounds like somebody is typing for someone else.

Originally posted by MJH:
<STRONG>I dont understand how anyone can think that another organization whatever it may be; a promoters group or sanctioning body; will benefit the sport of offshore powerboat racing.The constant fragmentation of the sport has certainly hindered its growth.It seems there has always been organizations formed due to disatisfaction with the APBA:NPBA,USPBA,OPT,USO, and of course OPA/ SBI.While all these organizations seemed to have good intentions, none of them could accomplish what they set out to do, except to a certain extent SBI, although they have struggled to attract solid fleets of boats and to put on exciting races.The PROPS Series of the early nineties seemed to be very similar to what this new group is going to try to accomplish in 2002, and that didnt work either.I can certainly understand why some people may not like the direction of the APBA LLC, but in my opinion the positives far outweigh the negatives;solid fleets of boats,parity with the rules providing competitive racing and improved sponsorship programs and television exposure.I guess they have alienated themselves from some race sites by asking for more money, but can you really blame them for looking out for thier own best interest, and the interest of the race teams and corporate sponsors.The only way to get this sport to the next level is to generate more money for the organization which will eventually filter down to the race teams through improved exposure, sponsorship opportunities and more prize money, which will attract more race teams and corporate sponsors!Competing sanctioning bodies will continue to be detrimental to the sport; so in my opinion, everyone should get behind the APBA LLC.</STRONG>

Old 01-04-2002, 01:33 PM

I think this is where John Crouse drops out of this post.

Quick Reply: 2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.