Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2002 offshore drivers poll/photos >

2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Notices

2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Old 01-03-2002, 09:50 AM
john crouse

Post 2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

The 2002 US offshore racing season will see some dramatic changes because of the entrance of the new FORCE series.
As a result, four races that ran APBA last year...Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Cleveland and Corpus Christi...will run with FORCE in 2002 as divisional events.
Crouse Publications' SEATALK column ([email protected]) is running a poll of the drivers and teams who plan to run with FORCE in 2002.
We will post the poll results and quote.. without editorial comment..any drivers or team reps who want to be quoted as to why they will stay with the APBA or change to FORCE.
Also, beginng in the January SEATALK, we will begin publishling our new mini-features on leading people in the sport and of new technology in boats and engines etc.

John Crouse

POLL RESPONSE TO DATE...59 REPLIES
15 FROM TEAMS...9 APBA/ 7 FORCE/ SBI 2

Latest batch of comments has some well writen and incisive observations, including the ones criticizing me! Several have been forwarded to site managers who may want to take heed to improve their events.

ALERT - LOOK FOR SOME MAJOR UPGRADES FOR
NEW FORCE OFFSHORE RACING BODY.

01-11-2002: Message edited by: john crouse

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: john crouse ]

Old 01-03-2002, 10:38 AM
Mike J

John: You show Cleveland as a
FORCE race ?, APBA also shows
Cleveland race on July 26-28.
(NoBull)Mike J.

Old 01-03-2002, 10:43 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I ain't got nuttin to say on this topic........but I can only imagine what direction this will go.......
Old 01-03-2002, 10:45 AM
Registered

couldn't agree with ya more shor. amazing how easy it is to read right through some things isn't it?
Old 01-03-2002, 11:07 AM
john crouse

Mike...

Bet on Cleveland going FORCE

JOHN

Old 01-03-2002, 02:19 PM
Mike J

John, Im not trying to start any problems im just asking as
the company my wife works for
Bowman/Barnes has their main
offices just 4 blocks from the
race site.
We hope to get them involved
this year.
I hope. Mike J.

Old 01-03-2002, 02:44 PM
Bill Park

Solarized and crew will be staying with APBA.There was no question or decision to be made.APBA has fox speedvision w/2 hrs per race.The gm deal means alot to our team.The sponsors of APBA hold true(Amex, GM, Mercury, Lucas Oil, Volvo, Cigarette, Velocity, and Formula).Also the cre sealed engine's level the playing field.Propritary venders Brodix spec heads and Barry Grant carbs with onsite tech inspection by the manufacurers.Onsite service and spare engines from Cre and GM.The cost to race APBA is 30-40% less than SBI.Safety is a major concern of my team and the stars diving team is the best in the business.In SBI there is not a consistent diving team.Only one from each town.APBA is a growing group with very close racing.Frankly,I believe that this is only hurting the sport of offshore racing by everyone splitting into different groups.It hurts our opportunity to develop new sponsorship and it creates chaos among teams.I hope this helps. Bill Park Solarized #1 SVL

Old 01-03-2002, 02:51 PM
Registered

Well said Bill.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:11 PM

Bill your argument makes alotta sense.

As far as the next Seatalk "without editorial comment," I hope John Crouse posts it here so we all can see it.

Old 01-03-2002, 03:17 PM
DJD
Registered

Bill
Just wondering why you brought SBI into this?
As I read it, the question is "who plans to run with FORCE in 2002".
Also, after running in both sanctioning bodies, which class does it "cost 30-40% less" to run in?
Dave F2-07 Wild Child

Quick Reply: 2002 offshore drivers poll/photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.