Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Warlock cats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14133-warlock-cats.html)

Cord 01-03-2002 01:26 PM

Warlock cats

Who knows about 25' Warlock STX cats? Apparently this boat was a precusor of the Ultimate Warlock boats. From my understanding he sold the molds during the company transition. I have been told that these were an original design and I suspect that this lead to them being widely copied...Talon, American Offshore, Firehawk, Group One marine...etc, etc. And why not? With the company gone, it would be a safe copy. I know that that most of these boats are making changes to the bottom design. Some run pretty quick, some are, well, pretty slow. My question is how good (or bad) was the original(?) Warlock bottom? Don't hold back, tell me what you think! :cool:

[ 01-03-2002: Message edited by: Cord ]

Shane 01-03-2002 01:50 PM

No idea. I am just post whorin'! :D :D

Shane :cool:

NW_Jim 01-03-2002 02:01 PM

Timewarp can probably tell you.

Cord 01-03-2002 02:33 PM

Now that I think of it, wasn't DanB running one? Dan, are you out there?

skatermike24 01-03-2002 03:30 PM

Nothin like a Skater thats all I can tell ya!!! :D ;) :cool:

Cord 01-03-2002 03:40 PM

Yea, but 24' stern drive skaters are built of unobtanium. :D

fastedy 01-03-2002 03:44 PM

Jim Arvis has a Warlock Cat 25 ot 26, it's a 2 seater and runs 105 to 110, with carb motor, no blower, this boat was built for MR. Zipp who ran A Class in the early 90's, I'll try to find out more.

Eddie Simmons
Superboatusa.com

Cord 01-03-2002 04:09 PM

I sure would appreciate that. :)

timewarp 01-04-2002 02:16 AM

Cord,
I sent you an e-mail but to answer some of these questions, Tom Stolarez(Hope I spelled that right) who is now WPM(Warlock Performance Marine) originally designed the 25 SXT in the mid-late 1980s, as Warlock Powerboats, he later sold the company and it went through a few owner/management groups before being purchased by Ultimate in December 1995, they bought the original molds and became Ultimate Warlock, then in late 99 or early 2000 they changed their name to Warlock Powerboats.
There have been relatively minor changes to the hull bottoms, I know they added some rocker to some of the later hulls that were built for the Blackhawk drive and the transom notches may be a little different sized on some of the earlier hulls.
The earlier hulls benefit from a higher x dimension, propeller technology has improved greatly in the last 10 years so adding a shortened drive helps them to go faster and handle better.
I personally love the hull, it's not as fast as a Skater but is a very good boat for it's size, it is more comparable to a 25 Eliminator than it is to a Skater.
By the way there are three different decks that were built for the 25, the standard deck, the race deck which had a narrower cockpit and a molded in section in front of the rear hatches and also a center console kind of utility deck.
I'll sure that there are others that know much more than I do about these hulls but I will try to answer any other questions that you have.
Caleb

timewarp 01-04-2002 02:19 AM

Also,
DanB has a V-hull Warlock, the serpentined steps were added to the V-hulls in the Ultimate Warlock years.