Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Our new (Little) boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141377-our-new-little-boat.html)

Dean Ferry 09-26-2006 08:31 AM

Our new (Little) boat

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is on it's maiden voyage. I know, I know, it's a jet-ski on steroids, but it's going to be great for the wife and the kids!
The quality of the pic is not that good, pic was taken with my Razor phone camera! :rolleyes:
Plus, it's cool just to go exploring in, I've can run it in 2 feet of water in the Banana and Indian rivers, running around in the flats! :D
Dean

Wobble 09-26-2006 09:19 AM

Re: Our new (Little) boat

Coolest looking one I have seen, who makes it? :drink:

If that is a jet drive, be sure to have a spare impeller and the tool to replace it. Jet drives, depending on the hp will suck stuff off the river bottom even with 2 - 3 feet of water under the hull at slow speed.

Not so big an issue if you are not dealing with sand/gravel.

Dean Ferry 09-26-2006 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wobble
Coolest looking one I have seen, who makes it? :drink:

If that is a jet drive, be sure to have a spare impeller and the tool to replace it. Jet drives, depending on the hp will suck stuff off the river bottom even with 2 - 3 feet of water under the hull at slow speed.

Not so big an issue if you are not dealing with sand/gravel.

Wooble,
Thanks, it's a 2006 Seadoo 15' "Sportster" with a 3 Cylinder, 1500cc 155 HP 4 stroke Rotax engine in it, that's closed cooled and dry sumped. :eek: I'm headed to the Seadoo dealer tonight to get some engine oil and filter, (Change oil and filter after 10 hours of break-in) and I'll check into the spare impeller. We mainly only have to worry about seagrass being sucked up into the jet intake. Actually, I've got to start looking for performance parts, (I.E. Racing impeller, etc... :drink: ) for it once the warranty expires. It's really pretty cool, it has a Clarion AM/FM/CD player, 50 watt system and it has a bunch of storage in the hull! :D And it's gets GREAT gas mileage :D :drink: :D! All that's left is to install a bimini top, and it will be good to go. Speaking of going, we are taking it with us to Bluffton S.C. this weekend to run around on the May river and the ICW. :drink:
Dean
BTW, thanks again to "Bob the builder" for giving us the chance to buy this from him. Bob is a great guy!

Wobble 09-26-2006 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Wooble,
Thanks, it's a 2006 Seadoo 15' "Sportster" with a 3 Cylinder, 1500cc 155 HP 4 stroke Rotax engine in it, that's closed cooled. I'm headed to the Seadoo dealer tonight to get some engine oil and filter, (Change oil and filter after 10 hours of break-in) and I'll check into the spare impeller. We mainly only have to worry about seagrass being sucked up into the jet intake. Actually, I've got to start looking for performance parts, (I.E. Racing impeller, etc... :drink: ) for it once the warranty expires. It's really pretty cool, it has a Clarion AM/FM/CD player, 50 watt system and it has a bunch of storage in the hull! :D And it gets GREAT gas mileage :D :drink: :D! All that's left is to install a bimini top, and it will be good to go. Speaking of going, we are taking it with us to Bluffton S.C. this weekend to run around on the May river and the ICW. :drink:
Dean
BTW, thanks again to "Bob the builder" for giving us the chance to buy this from him. Bob is a great guy!

You bought a boat from this guy :eek: :D

My four year old loves him :D

Dean Ferry 09-26-2006 10:16 AM

Wobble,
My 6 year old used to watch "Bob" all the time, now she's on to other video heros! :D
Dean

Indy 09-26-2006 10:57 AM

Looks like a fun boat!!!

Dean Ferry 09-26-2006 12:04 PM

Indy,
It really is! :D It's kinda funny, how being in bigger boats the last 16 years, you kinda forget how much fun these little boats can be! :cool: And my 15 year old loves to drive it and so does my wife! And when they are driving, I can par take in a few "Adult Beverages" kinda like having Designated Drivers all the time! :drink:
Dean

Sea-Dated 09-26-2006 12:54 PM

Looks like a fun little boat. I bet you are going to have a blast with it. I have always thought it would be fun to have one of those to run around the lake in.

sakoutis3 09-26-2006 01:10 PM

How many quarters do you have to put in it to make it go. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Dean Ferry 09-26-2006 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
How many quarters do you have to put in it to make it go. :drink: :drink: :drink:

Sak,
Not nearly as many as the Nordic takes! :D
Dean