Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Columbus Day Regatta South Florida (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141435-columbus-day-regatta-south-florida.html)

Lucky Strike Jr 10-01-2006 04:48 PM

Re: Columbus Day Regatta South Florida

Originally Posted by tanner
Bobby,

Are you going to run down on Sat????

I've learned never to make plans in advance....anything can happen :D

Hot4Teacher 10-03-2006 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by asg
count me in... anyone that wants to leave from Ft Lauderdale let me know and we can all leave from here. You can leave a boat in the water overnight here if you want.

OK, I'm back in town and excited to do this thing. Here's my concerns and questions since I'm a newbie to South Florida boating.
1st, I would love to take ASG up on the overnight offer (if it's still available) and launch the boat Friday night to avoid the crowd. But if I run with you guys from Fort Lauderdale will I be able to keep up without scaring the crap out of my wife and beating up my boat. My boat's pretty fast but it's only a 26 ft so if it's rough I might have trouble running with the big dogs. Would I have to make a morning decision and possibly run the ICW down?
2nd, I also may have guests on Saturday that won't be spending the night. I probably want to have them meet me further down south so it's not so far to bring them back to their car. Where would be a good place to meet somebody that is closer to the event?
Thanks,
Jay
[email protected]
954-478-9535

asg 10-04-2006 07:56 AM

I still have room for boats. You can stop by Friday if you want. You can always pick people up at the South Beach Marina. I normally run Out Port Everglades and in Govt Cut in Miami and then down the bay. If it is rough I go in at Haulover and run down the bay the rest of the way.

Ft Lauderdale to Haulover is about a 2 hour run down the intercoastal because of all the idle speed zones.

I won't be spending hte night either, but I always make everyone come back to the house.

BLee 10-04-2006 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by asg
I still have room for boats. You can stop by Friday if you want. You can always pick people up at the South Beach Marina. I normally run Out Port Everglades and in Govt Cut in Miami and then down the bay. If it is rough I go in at Haulover and run down the bay the rest of the way.

Ft Lauderdale to Haulover is about a 2 hour run down the intercoastal because of all the idle speed zones.

I won't be spending hte night either, but I always make everyone come back to the house.

Clean out your pm box when you get a chance so I can reply to ya. :drink:

DollaBill 10-04-2006 09:54 AM

Got my seat for Sunday w/ ASG. Wooo Hooo. Can't do Saturday, but I'll make it up on Sunday. :)

CAVelocity 10-04-2006 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

dreamer 10-04-2006 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com
Got my seat for Sunday w/ ASG. Wooo Hooo. Can't do Saturday, but I'll make it up on Sunday. :)

find me a ride... or ill just use ur boat :evilb:

Lucky Strike Jr 10-04-2006 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by asg

We're going to go out and watch the boat races Sunday. I'd be prepared to go in Haulover, they're calling for 20-25mph winds over the weekend :D

tanner 10-04-2006 02:10 PM

National Weather Service ... NE winds 10 knots Saturday and Sunday

handfulz28 10-04-2006 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, just bought a new (to me) Formula 311 and I'm thinking about heading down with you guys. But I'm leaning towards Lucky Strike's philosophy...keep the plans flexible :cool:
The boat is stored at Hi-Lift in Aventura until I get a trailer and then will be in Pompano.
Heck, if the weather sucks, we could probably have enough boats for our own OSO Regatta!
Thanks,
Michael