Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help!! In a bind...need an auto mechanic in Miami (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/141510-help-bind-need-auto-mechanic-miami.html)

klmken 09-27-2006 04:00 PM

Help!! In a bind...need an auto mechanic in Miami

Bought a Mustang on eBay (dumb move, I know) and had a buddy that just moved to Miami check it out for me. He was supposed to drive it back to DC for me and the damn thing blew a head gasket 30 miles up 95. He got the car back to Miami Beach and I now need someone competent to put head gaskets on the car and check to make sure the heads are straight and not cracked.....Do we have any members that own shops down there???
Thanks in advance,
Ken
PM or email me klmken@@@hotmail.....

el indio 09-27-2006 05:15 PM

Re: Help!! In a bind...need an auto mechanic in Miami

Hallendale auto electric........todd or moshe.........real good work.....great sense of urgency!!!!!!!!!!!!.........mark.......

Sydwayz 09-27-2006 06:05 PM

Ken, it did not blow the headgasket while your buddy was driving it. It blew before you bought it, and someone filled the coolant system with that graphite radiator patch crap. I know its buyer beware on eBay, but that is some BS.

Good luck.

el indio 09-27-2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Ken, it did not blow the headgasket while your buddy was driving it. It blew before you bought it, and someone filled the coolant system with that graphite radiator patch crap. I know its buyer beware on eBay, but that is some BS.

Good luck.

Now that aint right..........spend and then you do not get no satisfaction.........bummer.....

S-S 09-27-2006 06:48 PM

there are alot of good mustang hi perf shops down that way .steeda being the first to come to mind they are near fort lauderdale what type of mustang is it a saleen or does it have a blower motor if it is a hi performance car i would check out steeda or go on the nmra racing board and ask for a shop down there or the corral site mite help you also good luck

klmken 09-27-2006 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz

Good luck.

What totally sucks is that the engne supposedly had 1000 miles on it and it has new everything else. Might explain why the guy had a new waterpump installed in November. It also had a procharger that was taken off....I wonder how much boost he was really running...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Sydwayz 09-27-2006 07:21 PM

Ken, give me a call when your buddy makes it to Richmond. I'll take it from there and give you a check for $6502.

:D :D

Oh yeah, and when does an Odometer "stop working" at 63000 miles, and "oh yeah, I was able to get the Odometer working last week." Nice car for the money, but that ad is full of BS.

klmken 09-27-2006 07:53 PM

Autocheck checked out on the mileage up 'til he bought it last summer....
Might tow it to Sanford, FL and put it on the autotrain.....
list of things not noted in auction:
no horn
power mirrors don't work
no sunvisors
heater core not hooked up
no standard seat belts
no catalytic converters (after he said they were there in an e-mail)
One of the good mustang shops in the area checked it out after the overheat and started throwing parts att he problem so it has a new t-stat (now no t-stat) and waterpump.....
My crap detector was way off on this one :mad:

klmken 09-28-2006 10:06 AM

Any other shops that anyone has personal experience with??

THEJOKER 09-28-2006 12:53 PM

Gino - Lube Job on the board should know somebody.