Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story) >

Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Notices

Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Old 01-03-2002, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
SWEET RIDE ! Best of luck with it !
Old 01-03-2002, 11:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice boat! Those drives are definitely the finishing touch. Are those the Imco lowers?
Have fun boating.
Dan
Old 01-04-2002, 12:46 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

what kind of lowers are those they look awesome!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2002, 01:06 AM
elimi

Keep on grinnin unc!!!!!!!!Congrats on your new found hapiness.

Old 01-04-2002, 01:10 AM
elimi

Keep on grinnin unc!!!!!!!!Congrats on your new found hapiness.

Old 01-04-2002, 01:35 AM
Cat & Mice

Thumbs up

UT, Boat looks great. Ya, you are right about the Millerton, it gets a little tight..
We definitely had to use most of it. Although you might be surprised how a supercharged boat with twins accelerates. When I drove the 30 Daytona with twin 496ho I was very surprised at how slow it accelerated. We used a lot of the Parker strip to get it to max speed.
I have never had by boat at full throttle for a real long time. That is why the Radar showed a higher top speed then the GPS because it takes GPS longer to update then Radar. I am also sure that I am under propped since I have always been able to get to max RPM. I think that is another reason why it accelerates so fast. I can only imagine what my boat would do with a long time to air out and much higher gears. It is hard to believe I need more then 1.36 and a set of 36’s.
I am actually selling my boat and going to something smaller and less expensive, we are thinking about getting a Motor Home and the money has to come from somewhere. I am really thinking about a 26 Daytona Open bow with a single (Whipple Charged of course). I have really liked what you have done with yours. It will be a lot easier to have a boat that I don’t have to keep defending how fast it goes. Or maybe I will learn to keep my mouth shut when people ask “how fast does your boat go?”.
If I don’t sell my boat then I will for sure see you in Havasu for the Spring Heat Wave and the Eliminator Regatta. If I sell mine it will most likely take to long to get the new boat ready for that week.
Any Way, I am glad to see you have finally gotten the take it for I ride. There is nothing better then the first day with your new boat.

Pyle

Old 01-04-2002, 01:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Uncle, Do you have 1.36 drives? How fast did you go with the 28's? Too bad you didn't have the 24's. You will probably end up having your 26's labbed.
Old 01-04-2002, 11:24 AM
Uncle Toys

Dougie Fresh - Do you haul that big Scarab out to Havasu? When exactly is that poker run and how do you get info on it? I'm defiantly looking forward to my first poker run with the new ride. p.s. nice looking family, good to see other boating families.

The drives started as standard Bravo Ones. We put the 1.36 gears in for the blowers later (I believe), but I am thinking about trying the 1.50 gear before to see what the optimal set up is pre-blowers. The lowers are IMCO's shorter lowers. They come in three different finishes, black, unfinished, and polished. I don't believe the polished were any more money, but you would have to ask Dr. Semper. I also have through-hull water pickups, so Semper tapped into the drives pickup for those chrome shower caps. Then the full-hydraulic steering is IMCO's also (Eliminators preference). I spent way to much time every evening polishing the transom - and I loved every minute! Someone always came by to talk and ended up picking up a rag and polishing something. Many times it was my daughter. How's that for quality father/daughter time?

Old 01-04-2002, 11:55 AM
Charter Member#1300
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Very cool boat UT!! You and Semper did a great job! Have Fun-
Old 01-04-2002, 04:44 PM

The boat looks AWESOME!

Quick Reply: Uncle Toys project is finally wet! (pictures & a story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.