Like Tree0Likes

Whats up with all the BS...??

Reply
Old 09-29-2006, 07:39 AM
  #41
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,705
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stecz20
you bring up some good points.. i did not think you meant any disrespect, just got to look at it like a little city.... some of us are from the hills and some of us are from the valley, but in the end its all the same..

tantrum is a great example, guy is a lowlife, but i allow him to hang with me.. why you ask, cause im a nice guy....
Stecz is losing it, getting all sappy and chit
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:00 AM
  #42
Registered
 
ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town
My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stecz20
you bring up some good points.. i did not think you meant any disrespect, just got to look at it like a little city.... some of us are from the hills and some of us are from the valley, but in the end its all the same..

tantrum is a great example, guy is a lowlife, but i allow him to hang with me.. why you ask, cause im a nice guy....
watch it mr wonderful, your wonderfulness today is way over the top... lets be honest here, you hang with tantrum cuz he lets you drink fruity shooters off his azz cleavage. btw i know both you and tantrum wear lifts in your shoes so you will be this tall, so you can ride scarey rides at neverland ranch i was also told by a reliable source that you entered tantrum in the 2008 special olympics as special T... do you get a tax break for being his big brother?
p.s. stay out of the 609 area so no one steals the tires off your dually, you know how those pineys are if it ain't nailed down...
ratman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:02 AM
  #43
Registered
 
ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town
My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble
Stecz is losing it, getting all sappy and chit
i think stecz is taking estrogen hormones but he's still pre op...for now
ratman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
  #44
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,705
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratman
i think stecz is taking estrogen hormones but he's still pre op...for now

ROFL
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:28 PM
  #45
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
My Boats: 1990 38 Signature Offshore
Posts: 192
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Hi tweakinit and welcome to OSO!!

Like many of us I have been frustrated with new posters who come on the board with strong opinions and either pass judgement on members or tell us to act differently in their initial few posts. By using the safety of the anonymity that most web forums offer as part of their nature some of these new folks do become suspect of their motives when they cling to their secrecy and talk in general terms about events, people, transactions, etc.

Most recently we have experienced a tragic accident that prompted many new members to share their feelings and opinions alongside some long term OSO'ers and all of us are a little more sensitive to the power this forum offers to both new and old performance boaters and friends.

Being more of a lurker, I took a look at your other post before responding and if I'm not mistaken, you provided both your name AND your phone number in your first post. So although my initial reaction was to bring you up to speed on how we've handled BS transactions, and encourage you to introduce yourself to the board I'd like to remind other members that you appear to have mitigated any sense of anonymity, and eased our, or at least my caution around new posters I referenced in my opening comments.

Welcome and my 2 cents is that the boating business community has a lower focus on customer satisfaction and often OSO associated businesses can make poor and unethical decisions. It's not the norm by any means, but unfortunately I'd encourage anyone here to add several layers of protection when negotiating any transaction. Just ask Semper Fi and anyone who got caught with National Marine.

And of course, posts suck without pictures so here are some pretty colors.


SG

Last edited by Surgin' General; 08-14-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Surgin' General is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:20 PM
  #46
Registered
Platinum Member
 
THEJOKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Lake Lanier - N. Georgia
My Boats: Being a great husband and dad , boats , golf
Posts: 6,307
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

See a couple of posts and now you're at the top of the board and nearly famous on here!
THEJOKER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:31 PM
  #47
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CAP071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

You mean to tell me people on here BS ?
CAP071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 06:40 PM
  #48
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Hey surgin is that the signature
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:55 PM
  #49
Registered
 
ratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: medellin colombia, pablo escobar's lil town
My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Posts: 8,396
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgin' General
Hi tweakinit and welcome to OSO!!

Like many of us I have been frustrated with new posters who come on the board with strong opinions and either pass judgement on members or tell us to act differently in their initial few posts. By using the safety of the anonymity that most web forums offer as part of their nature some of these new folks do become suspect of their motives when they cling to their secrecy and talk in general terms about events, people, transactions, etc.

Most recently we have experienced a tragic accident that prompted many new members to share their feelings and opinions alongside some long term OSO'ers and all of us are a little more sensitive to the power this forum offers to both new and old performance boaters and friends.

Being more of a lurker, I took a look at your other post before responding and if I'm not mistaken, you provided both your name AND your phone number in your first post. So although my initial reaction was to bring you up to speed on how we've handled BS transactions, and encourage you to introduce yourself to the board I'd like to remind other members that you appear to have mitigated any sense of anonymity, and eased our, or at least my caution around new posters I referenced in my opening comments.

Welcome and my 2 cents is that the boating business community has a lower focus on customer satisfaction and often OSO associated businesses can make poor and unethical decisions. It's not the norm by any means, but unfortunately I'd encourage anyone here to add several layers of protection when negotiating any transaction. Just ask Semper Fi and anyone who got caught with National Marine.

And of course, posts suck without pictures so here are some pretty colors.


SG
yo dude...did you steal those valve covers from the military
ratman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:57 PM
  #50
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Arlington, VA
My Boats: 1990 38 Signature Offshore
Posts: 192
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

No, that's not the Signature. It's getting some updates. Those are just some motors I liked.
Surgin' General is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
creeper
Active Thunder
31
03-19-2007 07:37 PM
kaama82
Great Lakes and Canada
13
10-04-2005 11:51 PM
boatme
General Racing Discussion
24
01-04-2004 06:53 PM
Tantrum
General Boating Discussion
34
07-30-2002 07:24 AM
Intolerant1
General Boating Discussion
50
02-05-2002 03:19 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.