Seadoo RXT vs Yamaha FX waverunners

Notices

Seadoo RXT vs Yamaha FX waverunners

Old 09-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Re: Seadoo RXT vs Yamaha FX waverunners

Thanks for the comments. Looks like the Yamaha might be in the lead. That 250 horse kawasaki sounds sick. I really like the Seadoo however. H E L P !
Old 09-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sea-bombs super-charger un-reliability comes from the ceramic washers they use, replace those with the steel units and they are not so bad... I too would wait for this beast to hit the market in the next couple of months,,,, 250 super-charged ponies....

http://awahq.org/Ride/waterfront.html
Old 09-28-2006, 12:34 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

best seadoo ever....96' xp. most bad a$$ single waverunner hull ever. I put serious hrs and airtime on mine...rebuilt the engine once in 5 seasons of use.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 159 Likes on 89 Posts

Got an RXP, the acceleration is sick. I took one look at the engine & specs, did not hesitate to take the factory extended warranty which is something I normally never do. Only have 30 or so hours so far, has not skipped a beat. In fact I might do the Land & Sea poker run on it this weekend if the weather is good.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a yamaha fan. Just about every rental shop runs them which tells me that they must be the most reliable.

Rene
Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered

The supercharger failures have been corrected in the late '05 and newer models. The cluthces would come apart. New design=no more problems.
We've got 2 '06 RXP's and haven't had a single problem with either one.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Registered

I had an '88 Yamaha 500 which I bought with already 3600 hrs on it , all orginal, it ran like a top. Since selling it 8yrs ago, I was sold on Yamaha's performance, reliability and riding characteristics.

I have been through two XL1200s, trading up recently to a 155hp model (although I am anxious to get my hands on an FX series). Others with Sea-Doos of the same year have no chance...thats if they already haven't blown another rotax engine! In fact there are no longer any seadoo dealers in my area. My Yamaha and Kawi dealer said he wouldn't touch one with a 10ft pole, and I agree.

Yamaha is and always will remain King!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

I have two Kawi's and 4-5 friends with Kawi's, I have about 10 friends with sea-bombs, and about 5 with Yamahas, and have ridden just about every ski out there. some have great hulls and lousy motors, some lousy hulls with good motors, the new breed of 4-strokes are proving to be pretty reliable but are showing up with a few problems here and there.

All ski's have their problems, certain models through out the years all have had one problem or another, Yamaha's intakes grates fall off, the hulls crack, they drop power valves and blow motors, The sea-donkeys, have water leaks that lead to blown motors, super-charger clutches that explode and blow up motors, starter bendix's that chip and fry stator plates. You couldn't give me a sea-bomb, counting up all the 790 and 951 motors my frineds have been through I dont have enough fingers, sea-puke almost always finds some reason to NOT honor their warranty, and many shops around me have stopped carrying sea-dont's. all my riding buddies and I have had very good luck with our Kawi's, very little problems. If I was looking for a 3 seat ski, at this very moment, I dont know if I would exactly get the new ultra 250, probably wait and see if all the bugs are worked out, given that I wouldn't even consider a sea-poo or an RXTank, it would have to be Yamaha all the way... Two Buddies just bought 06 GP1300R's and one an 06 FX-HO and the HO rides very nice.

I too agree with extended warranties, the extra 650.00 or so for 5 total years of coverage is well worth it IMO...

Last edited by Chris288; 09-28-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IM4A2Z
The supercharger failures have been corrected in the late '05 and newer models. The cluthces would come apart. New design=no more problems.
We've got 2 '06 RXP's and haven't had a single problem with either one.

From what I have been told, all they did was increase the diameter of the ceramic washers and they still fail and tear up your motor.... LOTS of guys are replacing them with hardened steel washers...
Old 09-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris288
I have two Kawi's and 4-5 friends with Kawi's, I have about 10 friends with sea-bombs, and about 5 with Yamahas, and have ridden just about every ski out there. some have great hulls and lousy motors, some lousy hulls with good motors, the new breed of 4-strokes are proving to be pretty reliable but are showing up with a few problems here and there.

All ski's have their problems, certain models through out the years all have had one problem or another, Yamaha's intakes grates fall off, the hulls crack, they drop power valves and blow motors, The sea-donkeys, have water leaks that lead to blown motors, super-charger clutches that explode and blow up motors, starter bendix's that chip and fry stator plates. You couldn't give me a sea-bomb, counting up all the 790 and 951 motors my frineds have been through I dont have enough fingers, sea-puke almost always finds some reason to NOT honor their warranty, and many shops around me have stopped carrying sea-dont's. all my riding buddies and I have had very good luck with our Kawi's, very little problems. If I was looking for a 3 seat ski, at this very moment, I dont know if I would exactly get the new ultra 250, probably wait and see if all the bugs are worked out, given that I wouldn't even consider a sea-poo or an RXTank, it would have to be Yamaha all the way... Two Buddies just bought 06 GP1300R's and one an 06 FX-HO and the HO rides very nice.

I too agree with extended warranties, the extra 650.00 or so for 5 total years of coverage is well worth it IMO...
Yikes!

Quick Reply: Seadoo RXT vs Yamaha FX waverunners

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.