Notices

Boat De-Naming...

Old 01-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Boat De-Naming...

Well LutzParty did it this evening. He was very careful to follow Vigor's Boat De-Naming ceremony that Wally sent to him.

The old name came off very easily with a little sanding and easy off oven cleaner. He shot champagne (and not the cheap stuff either) across the bow. He removed any other items that contained the name on the boat also. Then spoke the words of the ritual. (I wonder if anybody saw him talking to himself...you can't say it under your breath, you know) I'm sure they would be questioning his sanity if they did.

And as per Waterfoul's instruction he wrote the old boat name on a piece of paper and put it back inside the boat.

Now we will re-name it and re-christen it at a later date. Perhaps Memorial Day for the OSO gathering would be a good time for the christening!?

Is this whole thing hokey or what!?? Anybody else out there re-named their boat with success?
Old 01-10-2002, 11:50 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts
What is the new name?
Old 01-11-2002, 12:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn,
So thats what caused my motor to blow. I was at a boat club and a friend that does body work came down with his buffer and helped me remove the old name. Two weeks later poof!!!!!!!!! Never even thought about it until now. I always heard not to change the name but I haven't replaced it yet.
Cordell
Old 01-11-2002, 12:01 AM
elimi

I heard it was bad luck to change the name of a boat. Is this true or just one person feeding me a pile of s#&t?

Old 01-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Registered

Well, we aren't for CERTAIN what we are going to name it, but we are leaning towards LUTZPARTY; aka my hubby's handle here on the board.

Since it's a cruiser (I know, I know, some of you hard core power boaters probably hate me for that; my apologies)....but anyway, I was thinking that we could incorporate the look of a martini glass into the "Y". Thought that might give it that party-like look and feel to it. Just a thought.

Any other ideas? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Registered

Troutly..LOL! very funny

We've heard too that it's bad luck, but it still had the name and port of the old owner, and it was rubbing off and needed to be re-done anyway, so we thought if we follow all the instructions to a T, that hopefully all will be well.

Time will tell, I guess
Old 01-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Registered

Oh, and Cgarrett...there is always the "christening ceremony". You could perform that when you re-name it and maybe that will prevent any further bad luck from occurring.

Let me know if you want it and I can e-mail it to ya.
Old 01-11-2002, 12:23 AM
Registered

I removed the name on my boat 2 years ago. I didn't know anything about a ritual that I was suppose to do.
Of well, didn't have any major problems with the boat. Wait a minute, when was it again that I blew out the outdrive? Two years ago Damn, yeah maybe you did good buy following the ritual
Old 01-11-2002, 12:33 AM
Registered

Miss Amy, I am thinking of putting a name on the boat for this year, could you shoot me that christening ceremony. Cant hurt
Old 01-11-2002, 12:38 AM
Registered

Red Stripe,
It should be in your mailbox.

Quick Reply: Boat De-Naming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.