Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
why all the Baja questions??? >

why all the Baja questions???

Notices

why all the Baja questions???

Old 10-06-2006, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: why all the Baja questions???

Originally Posted by Tricky919
I really want to learn what the hell people are talking about when they say 5 to 8's........ Or better yet i want to see what they call 5 to 8's
Inches maybe?? ((Just kidding RG ... remember guys measure that way ... couple inches means a foot ))

Tomorrow seas in NJ - Atlantic Ocean are supposed to be in excess of 10'-12'+ and that's feet ... Anyone looking for BIG water come on down I'll throw ya the keys to my Cig ... cuz I ain't going NO WHERE!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Re: why all the Baja questions???

Big water come to cape cod Sh#t I have owned my boat for 16yrs it's got some stress cracks but I have seen them in all the boats out there except for 2, O L AND Sutphen. I have been running the boat with 585 to 670 hp for the last 10 yrs. This winter I am doing the rear bulkhead over and adding a couple to the front. in the past 10 yrs I have out rode may boats bigger than myself starting in a bay and then heading out to open water just have to have balls and know how to run. I do it a lone if its rough just throw the passengers out in the bay and tell them you will back after you run the big dog down or I think it was BAD DOG on the side of the boat it was from falmouth killed him in the bay and just stayed in front of him in the big stuff UNTIL HE THREW HIS HANDS OH I was just joking about throwing out the passengers .yes my nexted boat will be a SUTPHEN,JOKER,OR SUPERBOAT with a single but my BAJA has been good to me and is already stronger than the factory made it thanks to a couple of people
Old 10-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Racegirl Id Really Love To That See Dinghy In 5 To 8 Footers I Owned A 24and 2to4 Were About All That Boat Could Handle I Think You Need A Yardstick
Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Re: why all the Baja questions???

Theres a BIG difference if they are 5 to 8 ft swells aka rollers or white cap MOTHER F$CKER S. big swells can be more fun in a 24ol then a 35 footer thats hitting the 2 tops seen that going to BLOCK ISLAND ONE DAY we were landing just right and the big boy had to go back until morning no balls I guess . but I have had the sh$t kicked out of me going from the canal to the bass river racing my wife and friends to a house on fingers There in cars they were waiting for me at the dock I had to be drag out of the boat it was 5 to 6 foot white caps all the way from woods hole to bass river I was going east, wind was headed west
Old 10-07-2006, 06:26 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys ever hear of the Edmond Fitzgerald?

On that particular ride over to the islands in the 22 Baja, the boat was landing in holes with waves going over me (on the port side) and crashing over the captain. We dont have rollers. If you've never boated on Lake Erie, then you really have no idea, and if you have, then you know exactly what Im talking about.

And the 5s to 8s is what the national weather service was calling them yesterday ... I didnt see them so I cant confer ... but Im guessin they would know
Old 10-07-2006, 06:59 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

RG, why all the saber guys say others cant run w/ them in 6-8s on the lake? Isnt that what happened in this yrs SOTW?

I'm sure you went out for a ride in that stuff, but could you run for 1/2hr?
just trying to get educated... only view i've had of Lake mich. is from the chicago shore.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Our 232 was a great boat !!!!
Attached Thumbnails why all the Baja questions???-baja-004-small-.jpg  
Old 10-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
RG, why all the saber guys say others cant run w/ them in 6-8s on the lake? Isnt that what happened in this yrs SOTW?

I'm sure you went out for a ride in that stuff, but could you run for 1/2hr?
just trying to get educated... only view i've had of Lake mich. is from the chicago shore.

Cant or wont. The ride to the islands normally is a 5-10 minute ride. That day was a lot longer. The cabin door broke, the radio fell out. I didnt say it was a smooth ride .. just that we did it. There are a handful of guys that run no matter what the conditions (see Thrillseeker, TeamBaja, Frank the Tank, Glassdave, RHC) but sane people dont.

Im only a passanger so maybe one of these guys that runs it can better explain .... or ask the Jersey Boyz how the Mentor race was .... and that was just chop .. no real big waves

Lake is pretty flat today but if the wind picks up, maybe it will get better

http://www.lakevision.com/navigate.php
Old 10-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Banned

I have had my 32 Caliber (next year called Outlaw) for 9 years and run mostly in lake Erie and run 80 on GPS and anybody that has ever gotten on my boat that either owns or rides on other boats such as Fountain or Formula all agree that it is the best rough water boat they have been in and are amazed by the ride and stability of the boat.It may not be as fast as a 35 Fountain with same power but there is no way that they will keep up with me in the rough stuff that lake Erie will give you on a daily basis. Now lets talk about cockpit size even there biggest boats do not compare and free board nope they lose again. There are only 2 choices I would have for lake Erie either a bigger Baja or Cigarette none stepped but I have a family and that would make the cockpit of the Baja my first choice but for bling factor the Cigarette win.
Attached Thumbnails why all the Baja questions???-boat-truck-001-custom-.jpg  
Old 10-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tricky919
I really want to learn what the hell people are talking about when they say 5 to 8's........ Or better yet i want to see what they call 5 to 8's
I don't live there but I raced there and 5 to 8 ft. is pretty accurate with even bigger holes! Just like running in a washing machine no rythum. RG ain't kidding

Quick Reply: why all the Baja questions???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.