Notices

Skater vs Gladiator

Old 10-12-2006, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Skater vs Gladiator

hey kenny how bout a cockpit shot.. lets see how pretty....
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
They say you need cat experience, but how do you get it if you cant buy a cat????

We only pay $1500 for the Gladiator and $1000 for the Hustler!!! Same here with the dad and experience, 61 and years and years of experience.
Indy,

You pay the piper for your experience. The bottom line is that's what it costs to own one, period. The insurance will NEVER get cheaper for one. If you want a cat, you pay the costs to own it, or you don't have one.

Your experience in a vee bottom, or your Dad's, is also pretty much irrelevant. The two designs are driven completely differently, and the cat is much faster. They want to make sure your experienced.

Edit: and if you're paying $1500 a year for a Gladiator with anything other than V-6 motors, you're getting an excellent deal.

Last edited by BLee; 10-12-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

They say you need cat experience, but how do you get it if you cant buy a cat???? We only pay $1500 for the Gladiator and $1000 for the Hustler!!! Same here with the dad and experience, 61 and years and years of experience.
Indy,
That would definitely wake the boat up a bit. I heard Phil was going to build one with 700's but I dot think anything came of it. I know the Glad wasn't designed for transmission drives.
$1500 for Gladiator ins? Please tell me who the insurer is. I pay 4K plus with a winter layup on a lake!
Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
$1500 for Gladiator ins? Please tell me who the insurer is. I pay 4K plus with a winter layup on a lake!
I dont quite know but Ill check with my dad in the morning. We got it from a lead on here. We used to pay $3500 through sy and Ace.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont quite know but Ill check with my dad in the morning. We got it from a lead on here. We used to pay $3500 through sy and Ace.

yeah, who who.....
Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
You pay the piper for your experience. The bottom line is that's what it costs to own one, period. The insurance will NEVER get cheaper for one. If you want a cat, you pay the costs to own it, or you don't have one.

Your experience in a vee bottom, or your Dad's, is also pretty much irrelevant. The two designs are driven completely differently, and the cat is much faster. They want to make sure your experienced.

Edit: and if you're paying $1500 a year for a Gladiator with anything other than V-6 motors, you're getting an excellent deal.
I know what your saying. But I think another factor is brand. The insurance companies always say buy an Eliminator. Ive gotten pretty reasonable quotes on Eliminator and Motions, but not spectres nor Skaters. Im not trying to be negative or anything, but Spectre and Skater have killed people where as motion and eliminator haven't. My dads the one getting insurance. Im only 17 yrs old.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
yeah, who who.....
Should,t you be on another thread promoting and saving yourself?
Old 10-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Im not trying to be negative or anything, but Spectre and Skater have killed people where as motion and eliminator haven't.
Not to bring up a sad subject, but maybe that's just Motion now......

And those ASD 7's sure look more friendly than the 6's and 8's for steerage.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Strike Jr
That's nuts!! You guys probably have a big lay-up period too, right? I never got an exact quote but had been told for a 36 Skater or Nor-Tech with decent size power and no layup in South Florida, around $15-20k and that is just nuts. We pay a little over $6,000 for the T/S Gun and my dad is 59 with a million years of boating experience.
That's because you live in Florida. You wouldn't believe the rediculous prices I was quoted for a 24 year old 22 Donzi with a top speed of 59 mph. I was sitting on the computer reading what other guys were paying for much newer, and faster 22 Donzis while I was on the phone with Progressive. I asked how they hell could mine be so high. He asked, "Do they live in Florida?" I guess we have to pay for all the boats destroyed the previous two years in the hurricanes. No brand of boat is immune to hurricane damage.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

The reason eliminators are favored is because they are not a true tunnel like the skaters/spectres/nortech's/mti's.

Quick Reply: Skater vs Gladiator

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.