Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull >

Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull

Notices

Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull

Old 10-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull

Brad, we put an additive in the fuel but two days later had to haul out for a new transmission. The list has grown and it does not look like it is going back in anytime soon.

Your Cary is awsome! I thought I read you were installing a flat screen, did you do it? We have one and would be glad to send you pics if you are interested in how they did it.

Clay
Old 10-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Registered

Clay, thanks. Yes I installed a flat panel, well 3 to be exact. All three were toshiba with the integrated DVD. A 17" in the aft cabin, a 20" in the forward cabin and a 27" in the salon. I had to have new cable drops installed in the forward and aft cabins.

In the salon they cut out the center bar between the tube tv and the home stereo gear. After taking out the old stuff, 4 amps were installed on the side where the tube tv was. 5000 watts RMS of amps! Two new speakers were custom made to fit where the original speakers were. The amps were wired from the battery to the Cap with Streetwires 0 gauge wire and then from the cap to the amps with 4 gauge and then about 400 feet of 12gauge to the speakers. The last part is not totally complete and I hope to get to finish over the winter.

A custom mount was fabricated to cover the hole and to mount the tv.

The pictures were taken with my phone during the "construction phase".

Back to your boat. I can only offer my highest recomendation to have the fuel polished before you do any running of the engines. It is also easier and less scary to do while it is out of the water. Since I couldn't find a commercial fuel poisher for gasoline I built my own with a commercial fueling pump and two commercial fuel filters. The first takes out water and junk down to 10 microns and then the second takes it down to 2 microns. It sucks fuel out of the 4 fuel cocks and puts the filtered fuel back into the take via the normal fueling inlet. I spent around $500 on the project and it works like a champ. It was also used on a diesel 50' searay that had algea problems and it fixed that also.
Attached Thumbnails Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull-photo_021606_002.jpg   Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull-photo_021606_005.jpg  
Old 10-23-2006, 12:37 AM
Registered

My absolute dream boat! I keep eyeing the green hulled one on yachtworld, but I know I'll never be able to afford that.

Please get more pics and more info!
Old 10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Registered

Brad, your tv project looks great. We have a very similar setup although they did not go so far with the audio. I would like to do the same thing but that is not very high on the priority list right now. I will try to post pics as soon as we either get of the hard or the pc gets repaired where the pics are stored. It has been one of those weeks.

The new #2 transmission is finally in after having to take half the boat apart to get to it. All that is left now (short list) is to clean all the shaft seals that are packed with sand. The only thing I can figure is the former owner must have tried to come up on plane in shallow water repeatedly. The #3 shaft seal was leaking enough to make me concerned. I finally got the coupling off the shaft (long story) and should have everything back together over the weekend.

Sharon started wet sanding the hull last week and the color is unbeleivable. Everyone told her she could never do this, we know what that means.

I am going to take your advise on the fuel polish. The re-rig took place in 1997 and the engines today only have 200 hrs on them. When I changed the filters, I am surprised they even ran.

Thanks for your help, I will post pics soon.
Clay
Old 10-27-2006, 04:32 PM
artselectricinc.com
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I had fixed surface drives on my Harley. The packings gave me nothing but headaches. They were better after I ran pressure water from the engine blocks to them. I never did get them to be trouble free. Check them often. FYI

Steve
Old 12-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Registered

Brad, it took me awhile but here are the flat screen pics on our Cary 50.

Clay
Attached Thumbnails Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull-cary-50-interior-3.jpg   Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull-cary-50-interior.jpg   Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull-cary-interior-2.jpg  

Old 12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that a boat or a house
Old 12-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Registered

Both
Old 12-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by poolsinc1
Both
Looks GREAT!!! Have fun with it.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Is that a boat or a house
Looks like a NYC. condo. Beautiful boat !

Quick Reply: Just purchased Cary 50 with red hull

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.