Notices

Navasink River

Old 10-19-2006, 05:54 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: Navasink River

Originally Posted by JERSEY DEVIL
tim would be best for me behind johnnys house because i have 115 octane in the tank to get rid of the ethanol for the winter only going to have 10 gallons in the tank to run it dry. let me know bruce
I can do it...

But if I get called in for work on Saturday, can we still do it say around 3:30 PM ?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Default Re: Navasink River

Originally Posted by dammmagnum
I ran my 27 Magnum Sport from Manasquan Inlet to NY harbor for the 1976 Celebration there
Understand what you mean about "No Fear"

I lived most of my life in Oceanport until I moved to Boston.
Did a lot of my boating on the Navesink and Shrewsbury Rivers. Still do when I get back there .
Thank you
Jim
I ran the BIG SEAS in a 27 Magnum at the Atlantic City War Offshore in 1988. Could have used more boat that day!

Now can you imagine being in a 13 foot vee hull running up to NY Harbor?

I passed that Coast Gaurd Sailing Ship and the crew there were just shaking their heads as I went by.....

Old 10-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim , I still look at the pics and vid we took off long branch pier like 18 years ago and shake my head! I was so glad to see them on your web site! That little 13 took some rough water! On this day the JS and Hydro races were cancelled , white caps on the navesink , but we took the bullet out and threw up some roost!
Attached Thumbnails Navasink River-bullet13a.jpg  
Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up Re: Navasink River

Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Registered

Sharkey-

Thanks for the pics...felt like I was home again. I grew up in Fair Haven just off River Road. In fact, I tried to date the rich Rumson girls that lived on the river so I could ride in their parents boat!!

My grandparents used to have a slip in Red Bank at the marina that sold the bayliners (can't remember the name) and we used to put in at River Rats (Batten Road Ramp in Fair Haven). Of course, Barnacles was my favorite place to eat and when I was younger, we would jump off the Oceanic bridge after a few too many at Donavan's or Ichabod's. That current was strong - I always jumped to the side

Funny that this post made me think how cool it would be to have my boat out there running today. I now live in Virginia and take the Chesapeake down to the Bay and into the ocean around Cape Henry however, I never thought about doing the same back home as Panther outlined.

You boys need to find an excuse to get me back there. All my boys still live in Rumson and space is usually not an issue in a Rumson house
Old 10-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On The Heat
Sharkey-

Thanks for the pics...felt like I was home again. I grew up in Fair Haven just off River Road. In fact, I tried to date the rich Rumson girls that lived on the river so I could ride in their parents boat!!

My grandparents used to have a slip in Red Bank at the marina that sold the bayliners (can't remember the name) and we used to put in at River Rats (Batten Road Ramp in Fair Haven). Of course, Barnacles was my favorite place to eat and when I was younger, we would jump off the Oceanic bridge after a few too many at Donavan's or Ichabod's. That current was strong - I always jumped to the side

Funny that this post made me think how cool it would be to have my boat out there running today. I now live in Virginia and take the Chesapeake down to the Bay and into the ocean around Cape Henry however, I never thought about doing the same back home as Panther outlined.

You boys need to find an excuse to get me back there. All my boys still live in Rumson and space is usually not an issue in a Rumson house
You're thinking of Irwins that sells the Bayliners.

Panther wants to do a run up here, hope we can find a place that can dock all the boats. Things are getting tight, lost another marina (Mariners Emporium) to condo developers. Pretty soon its gonna be like FL and unless you own waterfront you won't find a place to keep your boat....at least a place that is affordable.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Registered

I hear you on the condos...I remember when they took Tradewinds a feww years back - isn't that condos now?

Also, isn't Asbury Park also getting eaten up with development as well?

Funny to hear these folks in the southeast talk about how trashy NJ is...they all think of Newark - they have no clue. Thinking back, I was very forunate to grow up in that area and to be honest never realized how well known it was.

Thanks for the recall on Irwin's...that was it. There has to be a marina that would hold 75 boats...no? Keep me posted - I can make it back in 5.5 hrs
Old 10-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

A lot of us were forunate to grow up at the Jersey Shore. Even with all the trashy talk about Jersey, housing is going up all over the place. So A lot of people can't be wrong about Jersey.

You could power boat all summer and ice boat all winter.
Good Memories

Thank you
Jim
Old 10-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by On The Heat
I hear you on the condos...I remember when they took Tradewinds a feww years back - isn't that condos now?
Very expensive multi million dollar shore homes
Old 10-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Very expensive multi million dollar shore homes

And they are all sitting there for sale! Really anything over a mil is just sitting there. The boom is over here for a while. Don't get me wrong it's still an expensive area but there are a lot of deals out there , people aren't getting the prices they were a year or two ago. Exeption is riverfront property , if you can afford the taxes god bless you!

Quick Reply: Navasink River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.