Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new boat paint peeling (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143008-new-boat-paint-peeling.html)

sonic28 10-17-2006 07:07 PM

new boat paint peeling

i need help purchased a newfountain in February of this year 2004 leftover.i have 25 hours on the boat and the paint is comming off at the tape line.i contacted fountain and gave them the information.fountain stated that the boat was ordered white and the dealer must have sent it out.i asked fountain if the warranty paint and they said if it was painted by them no problem. i contacted the dealer and comment was we don't warranty paint.where do i go from here any thing i can do on a legal matter?

cosmic12 10-17-2006 07:11 PM

Re: new boat paint peeling

find out where they had it done and talk to them. but the dealer should take care of that for you I would think. aaaaa the boat bis isn't it great :eek:

wrinkleface 10-17-2006 07:14 PM

C if Fountain won't come to the plate and put some pressure on the dealer 2 take care of this. After all they R a Fountain representative!!?? Good Luck

Dredgeking 10-17-2006 09:03 PM

post pics. if the dealer painted it, then it's their responsibility and Fountain is out of the circle.

CMG 10-18-2006 06:09 AM

You've shown great restraint not mentioning the name of the dealer considering the issues you've had with the boat so far....

ratman 10-18-2006 09:05 AM

yeah out the jagoff dealer. the dealer has leverage over the painter and should be able to have the painter fix it no charge. any decent painter should stand behind his work!!! soulds like a half azz job of prepping the area it what is causing it to peel, that falls 100% on the painters shoulders. fountain should lean on the dealer to have them make it right, if they wont go to bat for you they suck too. call reggie if all else fails

sonic28 10-18-2006 09:15 AM

i did a pm to rackster i heard he's e rep for fountain.if all out fails i will talk to my legal counsel against the dealer

marineclean 10-18-2006 09:16 AM

Sonic, Are you getting any good suggestions? :D I had a feeling after your original post that many others would feel the same way. I would still probably stay away from metioning which dealer because they could of out sourced the paint and that would fall on the painter. They still should pay for it though or do want needs to be done to keep you happy. Good Luck!

boatme 10-18-2006 09:20 AM

It shouldn’t be the Fountains concern it is the dealers job to make right or get you in contact with the painter

If it is a noteworthy painter, they will have their signature on the boat somewhere!!

If it is a noteworthy painter I would bet they would repair it no cost no problem

If the dealer had not used a note worthy painter I would be worried about the dealer

My guess is if you find the painter they will be happy to make it right

sonic28 10-18-2006 09:44 AM

the painter was ritchie rich but he had left this area to work for cig in florida.