Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new boat paint peeling (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143008-new-boat-paint-peeling.html)

sonic28 10-17-2006 07:07 PM

new boat paint peeling

i need help purchased a newfountain in February of this year 2004 leftover.i have 25 hours on the boat and the paint is comming off at the tape line.i contacted fountain and gave them the information.fountain stated that the boat was ordered white and the dealer must have sent it out.i asked fountain if the warranty paint and they said if it was painted by them no problem. i contacted the dealer and comment was we don't warranty paint.where do i go from here any thing i can do on a legal matter?

cosmic12 10-17-2006 07:11 PM

Re: new boat paint peeling

find out where they had it done and talk to them. but the dealer should take care of that for you I would think. aaaaa the boat bis isn't it great :eek:

wrinkleface 10-17-2006 07:14 PM

C if Fountain won't come to the plate and put some pressure on the dealer 2 take care of this. After all they R a Fountain representative!!?? Good Luck

Dredgeking 10-17-2006 09:03 PM

post pics. if the dealer painted it, then it's their responsibility and Fountain is out of the circle.

CMG 10-18-2006 06:09 AM

You've shown great restraint not mentioning the name of the dealer considering the issues you've had with the boat so far....

ratman 10-18-2006 09:05 AM

yeah out the jagoff dealer. the dealer has leverage over the painter and should be able to have the painter fix it no charge. any decent painter should stand behind his work!!! soulds like a half azz job of prepping the area it what is causing it to peel, that falls 100% on the painters shoulders. fountain should lean on the dealer to have them make it right, if they wont go to bat for you they suck too. call reggie if all else fails

sonic28 10-18-2006 09:15 AM

i did a pm to rackster i heard he's e rep for fountain.if all out fails i will talk to my legal counsel against the dealer

marineclean 10-18-2006 09:16 AM

Sonic, Are you getting any good suggestions? :D I had a feeling after your original post that many others would feel the same way. I would still probably stay away from metioning which dealer because they could of out sourced the paint and that would fall on the painter. They still should pay for it though or do want needs to be done to keep you happy. Good Luck!

boatme 10-18-2006 09:20 AM

It shouldn’t be the Fountains concern it is the dealers job to make right or get you in contact with the painter

If it is a noteworthy painter, they will have their signature on the boat somewhere!!

If it is a noteworthy painter I would bet they would repair it no cost no problem

If the dealer had not used a note worthy painter I would be worried about the dealer

My guess is if you find the painter they will be happy to make it right

sonic28 10-18-2006 09:44 AM

the painter was ritchie rich but he had left this area to work for cig in florida.

cosmic12 10-18-2006 09:53 AM

oh man it could get ugly. it sounds like poor prep. the dealer should do something if they want to stay a dealer. how bad is it ? post a pic. if it is just at the tape edges it could be a very easy and cheap repair.

Raypanic 10-18-2006 10:21 AM

I seen some Richie Rich paint jobs on a couple of fountains at a dealer in the Keys. I was shocked to see he painted right over the rubrail and insert. Poor work in my opinion. Sorry to here of your problems. You are going to have a fight on your hands it seems.

Strip Poker 388 10-18-2006 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Raypanic
I seen some Richie Rich paint jobs on a couple of fountains at a dealer in the Keys. I was shocked to see he painted right over the rubrail and insert. Poor work in my opinion. Sorry to here of your problems. You are going to have a fight on your hands it seems.

That tells me a lot about him :eek:

Goodluck.looks like your going to need a lawyer :(

OL40SVX 10-18-2006 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by sonic28
the painter was ritchie rich but he had left this area to work for cig in florida.

He actually painted for Fountain longer than he did for Cigarette.

sonic28 10-18-2006 11:38 AM

done i received a call for the owner of oceanperformace CHRIS he wants to make things good.i appoligize for getting to deep into this but i felt i had to.my hats off to chris for standing up to the plate.it took some time and will see how it turns out.
thank you to all oso people

OL40SVX 10-18-2006 11:48 AM

done i received a call for the owner of oceanperformace CHRIS he wants to make things good.i appoligize for getting to deep into this but i felt i had to.my hats off to chris for standing up to the plate.it took some time and will see how it turns out.

Thats how Chris does business and has always done it. I had feeling that would happen. Chris always does whats right. Also I wonder what happened to Ritchie Rich???? He did a good job painting my Hustler.

ratman 10-18-2006 01:00 PM

It shouldn’t be the Fountains concern it is the dealers job to make right or get you in contact with the painter
fountain should be concerned if they have an unhappy customer on a new boat and the dealer isn't standing behind paintwork he had done on a NEW fountain prior to the sale! next thing you know it will end up in a public forum and fountain will look bad....oops it's already happened

cosmic12 10-18-2006 03:41 PM

very glad to hear it going to be taken care of. My hats off O.P. for doing the right thing :cool:

WHOSNEXT 10-18-2006 04:20 PM

thats great news paul, did you find inside storage for your boat?

sonic28 10-18-2006 04:26 PM

i have i am going to keep it in my shop even thou its tight.op did offer as well to keep inside for the winter in ct. but i really want to keep it close.

satisfactionII 10-18-2006 04:41 PM

i have i am going to keep it in my shop even thou its tight.op did offer as well to keep inside for the winter in ct. but i really want to keep it close.

Very smart. :cool:

wrinkleface 10-18-2006 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
fountain should be concerned if they have an unhappy customer on a new boat and the dealer isn't standing behind paintwork he had done on a NEW fountain prior to the sale! next thing you know it will end up in a public forum and fountain will look bad....oops it's already happened

Rat, I said that earlier in dif. words. Quit try'n 2 rip off my beaker thoughts!!! :p :p :evilb: :eek:

29goingon42 10-18-2006 07:46 PM

What dealer is it. call him out in the forum.

sonic28 10-19-2006 07:17 AM

don't need to burn any bridges. the dealer states it will be taken care off.i have to beleive that.

wrinkleface 10-19-2006 07:28 AM

don't need to burn any bridges. the dealer states it will be taken care off.i have to beleive that.

Glad 2 here that!

boat44 10-19-2006 08:42 AM

you did a good job.its up to the dealers to make it right.they represent fountain.leat us know how it come out.

rackster 10-25-2006 08:45 PM

i did a pm to rackster i heard he's e rep for fountain.if all out fails i will talk to my legal counsel against the dealer

Sonic28, I just found this post. I apologize that it has taken so long. I am no longer a service rep for Fountain Powerboats. I will be glad to assist you in any way that I can, although it appears that you have reached a resolution. I hope all works out for you. If you I can assist you, please call me at 804-450-0957 (Chris). Good luck.