Need suggestions on LOTO house rental for Memorial Day '07

Notices

Need suggestions on LOTO house rental for Memorial Day '07

Old 10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,814 Likes on 903 Posts
Default Re: Need suggestions on LOTO house rental for Memorial Day '07

Check www.vrbo.com I've rented from owners there a couple times. One of the bigger condos at the Ledges would probably work out well for you.

I would try and stay between the 12mm and 24mm. Party cove is about 3 miles down the Grand Glaize arm which intesects the main channel at about the 19mm
Old 10-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info OSO'ers. I am actually headed down there on Friday to sign my life away on my new boat at Village Marine. I just got off the phone with Terry from www.summersatthelake.com and he is going to show us a couple of houses so i can get an idea of how far my dollar will go. I am seriously considering buying a place this winter... may not need the rental after all, here is my options. I got a new boat. My wife wants an inground friggin' pool 35-50K. I think I am selling her on using that $ for a down payment, at least the place at the lake will gain in value somewhat instead of a depreciated hole in my backyard. I have until April, if I don't find a place for this money... I WILL have a hole in my backyard for sure!
Old 10-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Terry is the man.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by cherrycobalt262
I am seriously considering buying a place this winter... may not need the rental after all, here is my options. I got a new boat. My wife wants an inground friggin' pool 35-50K. I think I am selling her on using that $ for a down payment, at least the place at the lake will gain in value somewhat instead of a depreciated hole in my backyard. I have until April, if I don't find a place for this money... I WILL have a hole in my backyard for sure!
Thats funny, me too...... my wife wanted the same thing last summer and we put a deposit on a condo over at Millstone last Oct., moved in this past June. Of course I had to buy a boat which depreciates but the condo, its better than diggin' a hole!!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Registered

We have been owners at the lake for almost 10 years.
We have bought and sold many condos and have really enjoyed the lake atmosphere. There are still good buys if you look, and location can be critical, especially to your own type of boating. we have been from mm1 to mm14. love the horseshoe bend area and think it will continue to only get better. My friend uses a wonderful mgmt company for his condo units and house for rentals down there and absolutely swears by her level of professionalism and upkeep. All of his units pay for themselves during regular seasons. pm me if interested in info. hammer
Old 10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
Registered

If you want to buy a house prices are going crazy. Don't expect to get any house for less than $350 around 1700 sq feet with 70' of lakefront (keep in mind at that price you will probably need to do some work on it for that price range). Still cheaper than other states but prices have been going up 16-20% year.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

We moved from a condo to a house this past year. Closed in mid Feb of 06. 6 months later 4 Seasons was selling the same plan, same development for 16% increase, but then again, I locked in my price in March of 05, so that was over a 17 month span.

I keep thinking this can't keep up, which I still don't think it can. But at least the new developments still seem to be climbing.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mjpcowboy
If you want to buy a house prices are going crazy. Don't expect to get any house for less than $350 around 1700 sq feet with 70' of lakefront (keep in mind at that price you will probably need to do some work on it for that price range).
That's exaggerating a bit. There are definitely buys in the $175-$300 with 1700 sq ft with more than 70 ft of LF.