Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   BLING factor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143386-bling-factor.html)

cosmic12 10-22-2006 04:27 PM

BLING factor

I don't know how to set up a pole for votes. do you think the bling factor is getting to be a little to much??? just asking, not bashing anybody. I like some of it but just wondering what everybody else thought.

brian41 10-22-2006 05:00 PM

Re: BLING factor

1 Attachment(s)
Well that sucks I was just getting started

Magic Medicine 10-22-2006 07:51 PM

I like what I like, not to concerned what others do. Thats why there is chocolate and vanilla.

jeff32 10-22-2006 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I don't know how to set up a pole for votes. do you think the bling factor is getting to be a little to much??? just asking, not bashing anybody. I like some of it but just wondering what everybody else thought.

Man, I don't know what is your bling thing! What's that word? I speak french and only know 90% of english!

open87 10-22-2006 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
good hardware is what count's . ..

spend your $$$ once..

i have some bling pieces in the shop to go in the cig..will make a cleaner look in the bilge between those stainless marine dry pipes...

articfriends 10-22-2006 10:19 PM

I think too many people let this bling crap go to their head, especially on p/u trucks. The majority of car guys I know say the same thing I do,when you see a truck with the stickers removed and a bunch of aftermarket bs on it, custom grill etc,first thought that comes to mind is it was in a wreck and they fixed it up out of a jc whitney catalog.As far as on a motor in a boat,I go strictly for function (hp),skip the polished parts that just make it harder to look clean. I guess it was growing up in the north (salt wrecks polished aluminum and chrome in one year) and seeing rusty chrome pieces on car motors and cheap rusted tubular grills in the chevy trucks after someone blasted a deer and wouldn't spend the coin to buy original parts. But everyone has their own idea of whats cool,Smitty

Expensive Date 10-22-2006 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic12

Don't worry there is absolutely no "bling"in Stow HAHA

captnate 10-22-2006 10:47 PM

I Like bling as long as it still can run,show and go for a run, not show and no go.

cosmic12 10-23-2006 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by captnate
I Like bling as long as it still can run,show and go for a run, not show and no go.

I agree 100%. it just seems to me that the east coast is getting way carried away with billit this and that and outa controll colors. The east used to be about tuff rough water boats with lots of free board and wave crashing ability. Now it looks like its heading to the low no free board sit down light as you can build it blinged out west coast look. :eek: