Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   michelob light project update (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143414-michelob-light-project-update.html)

ratman 10-22-2006 08:22 PM

michelob light project update

3 Attachment(s)
the michelob light boat is almost ready for paint! i have one small spot to fair out mon am, then i'll spray 2 coats of duratech to block out, before i prime the hull and deck with 3 coats of awgrip epoxy primer. tabs, drives, dash, and cockpit are ready for paint, 1 or 2 days prepping the engine compartment and it will be ready for paint. cant wait to get this baby done! will update this thread as i make more progress over the next few weeks, rm

JCPERF 10-22-2006 08:25 PM

Re: michelob light project update

1 Attachment(s)
Cant wait to see it like this again Phil :cool:

open87 10-22-2006 08:25 PM

used that ez gun

ratman 10-22-2006 08:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
it took almost a full week to strip 4 or 5 coats of paint off these monster tabs cuz i couldn't remove the pins to get the rams off.

ratman 10-22-2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by open72
used that ez gun

yeah it was no problem, they get 225 bucks for one in my neck of the woods :eek: i like that duratech...that chit is the bomb to blend in the faired areas. they make duratech in poly and vinyl ester BTW.

open87 10-22-2006 08:37 PM

wow, that biche puts out the material though , well worth it , btw , i bought mine like a few years back ... glad it worked out..

ratman 10-22-2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Cant wait to see it like this again Phil :cool:

me either jeff! im hoping to have it 100% complete by the end of nov. i ended up buying four new barry grant demons for my new motors, they are a little bigger than what i had so im hoping to pick up a few more doggies when he makes the next dyno pull and tunes em up. did you get my harmonic balancer yet? keep me posted on that bro, thx a million for your help. you're the best no matter what that dickhole stecz says about you :evilb: , peace out rm

JCPERF 10-22-2006 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
me either jeff! im hoping to have it 100% complete by the end of nov. i ended up buying four new barry grant demons for my new motors, they are a little bigger than what i had so im hoping to pick up a few more doggies when he makes the next dyno pull and tunes em up. did you get my harmonic balancer yet? keep me posted on that bro, thx a million for your help. you're the best no matter what that dickhole stecz says about you :evilb: , peace out rm

Call you tommorow :D

jeff32 10-22-2006 08:42 PM

nice tread. Keep us up-dated on that! Did I read it sank before you got it?

cosmic12 10-22-2006 08:43 PM

look'n good :cool: man that is one huge project!!! better you than me :rolleyes: good luck with it and keep us posted :cool: