Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore? >

What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?

Notices
View Poll Results: What is more entertaining to watch?
NASCAR - from Dover, DE
32.19%
Offshore - Key West, FL
67.81%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?

Old 10-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Comin to Destin?
Yes, I think so. I was talking to Hollis and he invited me over. I will be in the area that week over in Pensacola for the year end show of the Blue Angels taking pictures of my friends last show with the Blues.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Katapult
Nothing like seeing 43 hot rods coming to the green flag.

Problem is they only tell one of em where the finish line is and the other 42 drivers are just playin follow the leader. Kinda reminds me of a dog chasin his tail.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Yes, I think so. I was talking to Hollis and he invited me over. I will be in the area that week over in Pensacola for the year end show of the Blue Angels taking pictures of my friends last show with the Blues.

Good. Then you too will be able to start postin about how cool the races are now with the bigger boat counts and the side by side racing.

Interceptor "Offshore races remind me more of roadraces where every class runs together and after the first lap it is a mess regarding who is leading who in which class" The OPA format takes care of that issue. Classes are by set by speed, not boat type, and the classes have their own starts. Its easy to see who is racing who .... easy to explain ... easy to follow along

rainmn - of the 4 races I was at this summer, you didnt describe one of them ... and if it described any you were at, you were standing in the wrong spot... or watchin a different series

sakoutis3 - I havent seen any nascar drivers get lost at the road courses ... where they turn right and left ... and they dont have GPS in their cars like the boat racers do in their boats (you know ... where they are turning left ... and sometimes right)
Old 10-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thinking about this thread....you can't compared boat racing to nascar. Tried to be done years ago and did not work out. these 2 forms of racing are very very different and not just because of water and asphault.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:10 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Thinking about this thread....you can't compared boat racing to nascar. Tried to be done years ago and did not work out. these 2 forms of racing are very very different and not just because of water and asphault.
Thats kinda true but there are similarities ... at least with the Nascar of yester year. Small sport with room to grow, started at the beach (hehe), loyal fans that travel all over the countryside to watch them race, helps to have sponsor money, sanctioning body (OPA) that sees what works and what doesnt and adjusts accordingly, racers love what they do, race for the sake of racing/not for a paycheck (see sponsor money previously mentioned ) .....

Old 10-24-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor

For real excitement have any of you ever seen AMA mile or half-mile flat track motorcycle races ? The best !!!

ed

Or, winged sprint cars on a high-banked dirt track........
Old 10-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Katapult
Ron you must have some juice to get those passes, Dover is a good place to see a race. Nothing like seeing 43 hot rods coming to the green flag.
After spending $130 on two tickets, I called the media department and explained that I write for a boating magazine and am doing an article entitled "Is it really fair to call offshore boat racing Nascar on the water?"... or something like that only shorter. I had to fax in a letter on EBM letterhead and provide some additional proof that I was legit. After an "Oh, by the way, my wife needs to come and carry my camera so they'll be two of us",,, hope you don't mind.

The medie dude took the bait and sent me a letter and a decal for "Media Parking". That was the best part, we parked within feet of the track and by the driver's buses. PLUS the press pass got us in for free! Since it was raining on race morning, we couldn't find anyone to buy our tickets.

It was a great weekend and I'll write the article. We'll see how it turns out and maybe it will even get printed over the winter.

For now, just a few more.
Attached Thumbnails What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?-casey.jpg   What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?-jr-6.jpg   What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?-24.jpg  

Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered

Neither .... Grass growing
Old 10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer some hot Factory One racing from Corpus between BJ and Kowalski with Schleuss hot on their transom.
As far as the four wheel events, the original World Of Outlaws at a track near you.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,301 Likes on 3,706 Posts

Nice sales Pitch RG3,
The racing this year has been great, one can only appreciate a town like St. Clair , Michigan, By being there. The beauty of the desert was brought to everyone via OSO, from the generousity of John Haggin. This year's world's in Destin will be awesome for the true race fan, due in part to the unselfishness of many, and the desire of many to have the best offshore race possible.
2007 will bring offshore to new level and OSS,OPA and POPRA will be the ones doing it!

Quick Reply: What's more exciting to watch? NASCAR or Offshore?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.