Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143637-reggies-new-35-lightning-does-103-525s.html)

SmoothWaterSports 10-29-2006 12:36 PM

Re: Reggie's new 35 Lightning does 103 with 525's!!!

Originally Posted by Rik
Exactly. I was not stating that Fountain was using Arneson Surface Drives on their 35' 525 hp- 103 mph boat, rather that times have changed and peoples views need to change to reflect reality and the times. I would love to see that boat with a set of #7M's but that is another story.

Now, Fountain does use the Arneson Surface Drives on their; 38' 42', 47', 48' and new 52' boat. These are diesel packages of course but a diesel does not make the Arneson work or not work.

Bill Mazzoni (TABOO) has a new 42' Fountain Super V (SBI) with Arneson's and 525 Merc engines and the boat runs great. Until he had engine problems, he lead Key West 05' Super V class.

Thanks for the clarification. I apparently replied to a mis-quoted post. Ooops!

Fanatic 10-29-2006 02:34 PM

If Reggie Fountain found a cure for cancer and solved world hunger half of you haters would still be trying to find a reason to slam him. Sad.

Kudos for Reggie and Fountain!

TeamShogren.com 10-29-2006 02:38 PM

the boat I drove had Mercury XR Drives, Shorties, Lab Finished Maximus Five Blades. 104 up the river, 107 down the river. It was about 65 degrees, less than one foot chop, 1/2 tank fuel about 120 gallons. The boat was on rails in these waters. Handled very well and did not have a special lay up as some have speculated. The cabin was not 100% complete therefore we added 350lbs in sand bags to offset what was not yet completed. Other than that it was a production boat and it was the first time it was in the water.

Hope that helps.

Team Shogren
www.chicagofountain.com

SHARKEY-IMAGES 10-29-2006 02:43 PM

That is amazing!

What I don't understand though is why is the title to this thread only boasting about 103 w/525s? :confused:

Hell if you ran 107 than it's 107 isn't it ?

Awesome numbers for 525s even with a beach in the cabin... :drink:

FeverMike 10-29-2006 03:01 PM

This just might be the perfect performance boat for Tampa Bay! Hummm...anyone want a Fountain 38TE? :D

TeamSaris 10-29-2006 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by SLANDREW
OK 105.5 :evilb:

LOL :drink:

FeverMike 10-29-2006 05:21 PM

What I gather from speaking with a few people is that this 35 will actually and is expected to go faster with test weight of fuel and 1 person. Plus there is more testing to be done on the over all boat and props. Could be 110mph! :D

cosmic12 10-29-2006 07:17 PM

what cabin??? I heard at the show this week end that the cockpit was moved forward and the cabin was way smaller, so now you have a so called 35 ft boat with what is called a cabin out of a 29. This boat scares the hell out'a me and everything that was said at the show about it and and how they( the Fountian big boys) feel about being the fastest boat built and that they will do what ever it takes to be so. Anybody with a big check book or good credit can get one or as many as they want. I don't know about you guys but I have seen to many fast boats in the hands of people who shouldn't have them and now over 100 will be the norm :eek: where are the ins. rates going now. its getting outa hand and they are pushing it there at light speed :eek:

9 Lives 10-29-2006 07:42 PM

I agree with cosmic12. Something deep down tells me that the next generation might not be able to enjoy the privilege of unpoliced speeds on inland lakes and waterways that we currently enjoy, unless someone comes up with a way to require training and licensing for operation at the increasingly higher speeds being seen by the newer boats being brought out each year by the manufacturers.

Cat owners are feeling the crunch already through outragious, if even attainable insurance premiums. Are "over the counter" factory V-bottoms available from major manufacturers immune from this same dilemma?

To the insurance carrier, it's just another "performance boat".

Just my .02 cents

FeverMike 10-29-2006 08:44 PM

Cosmic 12, good points about handing over an extremely fast boat to just anyone. Fountain should do something like Outerlimits does or Scarab use to do and make the person go to a school for a class on high performance boat handling. Fountain does put together a pretty good DVD about things like this but I know the personality of most big shot knucklehead high performance boat buyers and I bet hardly any even watch the DVD.

Nothing like hands on teaching that Tres Martin gives.