Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   two more dyas on the chain (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/143918-two-more-dyas-chain.html)

klaw 10-29-2006 08:27 AM

two more dyas on the chain

well I was going to pull the Bullet today but tommorrow will be 65 so I will leave it in for one more day all the no wakes are pulled and just about all the boat are off of the water so time for some tach runs through McHenry

Would not usually do it but saw the water patrol going full bore yesterday

Leave for the keys next weekend YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kitten 10-29-2006 09:00 AM

Re: two more dyas on the chain

just do it, you're only 65 once :drink:

jeff32 10-29-2006 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kitten
just do it, you're only 65 once :drink:

that is funny!

Smitty 10-29-2006 07:06 PM

Even though all the buoys are pulled, I would be careful in areas like Mchenry. There is that double standard for the water cops too. I would say you could blow thru some areas like nippersink to grass lk or nippersink to fox but also remember to have respect for the idiots that still actually have their boats floating in the water !!! I couldn't believe how many I saw when I passed thru Fox lake today. I guess nobody is in a hurry this year.

SmilingBob 10-29-2006 07:14 PM

N.O.I.C. had there "Monster Run" out on the Chain today. It was a little on the cool side but it was a good time. I will be putting up some pictures in the next couple of days. :p :p :p

BBB725 10-29-2006 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by klaw
well I was going to pull the Bullet today but tommorrow will be 65 so I will leave it in for one more day all the no wakes are pulled and just about all the boat are off of the water so time for some tach runs through McHenry

Would not usually do it but saw the water patrol going full bore yesterday

Leave for the keys next weekend YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got back from the Keys, Mid to upper 80s every day. Everything has real greened up looks good. Have fun!

Back4More 10-30-2006 01:13 PM

"all the no wakes are pulled"

What no wakes? :D
Have a great day today!

SmilingBob 10-30-2006 07:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A Couple of quick shots from 10-29-06.

SmilingBob 10-30-2006 07:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More :D :evilb: :D

dykstra 10-30-2006 08:03 PM

cool pics :D

yss 11-01-2006 09:32 PM

I still have the pontoon in. We are going for the last boat ride this weekend. i'm a bit worried, as it is about 24 degrees out at the moment. I guess as long as it is actually in the water it'll be OK. Right?

hammer01 11-02-2006 10:46 AM

rule of thumb is down to 25 degrees sustained for at least 24-48 hours, and it has been warming up during the day, plus if the drive is in the water, the water temp should be over 50. i was only concerned during these cold nights with the fresh water systems due to pretty weak water lines and so forth in most boats. hammer