Notices

Cig stepped hulls

Old 11-22-2006, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cig stepped hulls

Thanks Joe for the input, I'm in the Gulfport, MS area. I bought my boat from the South FL area. I'm definetly looking forward to getting it in the water during this off season to get comfortable with it. I don't see any high speed maneuvers any time soon...LOL....
I will try to track down last month of Powerboating & catch his article, I see his name mentioned quite a bit thru-out many threads. Seems to be quite a bit of information here about the "stepped hull" thing, almost too much to process without actually experiencing it. Again, thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 12:32 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Remember not to believe everything you read.....and have fun!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

The Cigarette Top Gun TS and Gladiator are rock solid boats. I have put in 250+ hours in a TG TS and about 30+ in our Gladiator and they handle incredible! Our Gun and Glad both ran ITS. The gun had a 1" spacer in the drive with 4 blade labs. The Glad has no spacer with 6 blade herrings. I do think the setup of the boat helps a ton.

DK
Old 11-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dhlaw
THe trim was never brought in..... believe me I know better than to tuck the drives in a TS!!! The issue was allowing the nose to drop and changing the pivot point in the turn from the rear of the boat to the point of the first step. The popping is the rev limiter. Bruce is the one saying whoa whao because he felt the slide before I did. Phucking scary ride!! Whats scarier is that he made the recovery boat drive us back over and told me to get it started and he went after the pack again...... going even faster!!!! I was just dazed and confused.
Thats what I'm talking about!! get back on that horse

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rangerrick63
I'm in the Gulfport, MS area.
I was just down in that area, and was looking for some nice boats. I only saw some shrimping boats and a few wrecked boats in the remnants of a storage building.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Joe for the input, I'm in the Gulfport, MS area. I bought my boat from the South FL area. I'm definetly looking forward to getting it in the water during this off season to get comfortable with it. I don't see any high speed maneuvers any time soon...LOL....
I will try to track down last month of Powerboating & catch his article, I see his name mentioned quite a bit thru-out many threads. Seems to be quite a bit of information here about the "stepped hull" thing, almost too much to process without actually experiencing it. Again, thanks
Rangerrick63, welcome to the board. I'm in the Diamondhead area, 1/2 hour to the west of you. Which river do you boat on. I live and boat off the Jordan river and usually up to Cat and Ship Island before the storm came. We need to hook up, I'd like to learn the Gulfport side of the river, and it's resterants and watering holes. Check these guys out in Louisianna, they come this way a few times a year, not to far for you to travel. have a good easter.
http://www.gcoffshore.com/ Jeff Jassby
Old 11-22-2006, 04:19 PM

Yeah, we definetly have our share of shrimp boats, of course, there are less now then before the storm, Katrina sorta dealt them a bad hand, but the shrimp season was fantastic this year. Great prices & the shrimp were much bigger due to the fact they were forced to go to deeper water for the shrimp. Give me a yell if you make it back down this way, I'll be happy to give you the 25 cent tour...LOL...
Old 11-22-2006, 04:38 PM

Thanks Jeff, I'm only a couple exits from you, as a matter of fact, I'm heading to Diamonhead later on this evening to close a mortgage loan for some folks, (something on the side I do). I've done some boating up the Jordan river in Navy boats that we overhaul at the Navy base in Gulfport. I really enjoy the Jordan, I've never taken my boat up that river. I mainly go up the Biloxi River, or the other way, you know, the one with the funny name...pronunced "choo-tic-a-buff". We'll definelty have to get together for a bit of boating. A friend of mine has told me about that site, & he boats with them quite a bit. Looking forward to summer already...
Old 11-22-2006, 06:37 PM
Registered

Yeah, we definetly have our share of shrimp boats, of course, there are less now then before the storm, Katrina sorta dealt them a bad hand, but the shrimp season was fantastic this year. Great prices & the shrimp were much bigger due to the fact they were forced to go to deeper water for the shrimp. Give me a yell if you make it back down this way, I'll be happy to give you the 25 cent tour...LOL...
We're looking at making another trip down, if we can fund raise for it. We had a tour of 90 (I think, or 91), DeLisle, Henderson Point, Pass Christian, and some of Gulfport with the fire supervisor for Harrison County, George Mixon. But, I'm sure your tour would be a bit different than his.

Some of our guys bought 30lbs of fresh shrimp for $1.75/lb. And boy was it fresh.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
We have 2 stepped hull boats.....both go over 90 mph...
The true danger is in person behind the wheel...period....
Yup.....I'd have to agree. Currently have a straight bottom boat, but had two step boats in the last year and felt both of them were safe and predictable when operated properly.

Quick Reply: Cig stepped hulls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.