The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57 >

The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Notices

The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Old 12-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Originally Posted by Joe

Not bad for the first hour on the boat:
Nice first run. Missed you for our dinner Friday night?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Re: The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Originally Posted by BLee
Nice first run. Missed you for our dinner Friday night?
Yeah, I know.... getting old is a b!tch. We decided to grab a bite at the Islamorada Fish Company, hit Hard Rock for a couple after-dinner-drinks and home by midnight, as we were flying out the next day (remember the last time I had to head out early after a long night, or should I say morning, at Slims... didn't want to duplicate that. My liver is still aching!).

On another note, I decided to pass on the deal we were discussing last week. Not sure why.... but, it just doesn't feel right at the moment.

See you in two weeks, bro!

Joe

P.S. No sharing stories about our drunken nights at Slims with my wife ---- she still thinks you're a nice guy! haha....
Old 12-19-2006, 11:24 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe
All right, Ken

I'll say this much ----- REMEMBER.... this was only the "1st" run. After a bit more prop work and running in something other than bone-flat, no-wind conditions, we are expecting to see more!

*PLEASE remember this IS NOT the top speed, but rather only the first run with the boat ---- nothing's loosened up yet (new "stiff" drives and motors). It comes on plane grrrrreat and has solid accelleration throughout the whole RPM range.

I will say this.... It's looking like it's going to be right in line w/ my last boat and be one of the fastest 39 600 TG's out there!

Not bad for the first hour on the boat:

I get the about the same speed w/ my '02 TG. The 575SCi's now have 600 hp ea, so I am getting the same or a tad more speed.
Nice sweet azz ride!! Congrats!!!!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 12-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sono***un
Joe I think your TG is one of the most beautiful Guns I've ever seen...I love the color scheme and design. She definitely is one sweet ride, and you're a very lucky man to be taking delivery of her.
I gotta agree, Joe your Cig is the best! Those warm up speed are awesome. I bet that once you get all the mechanicals lose and broke in with the correct water and weather you will see 100 no probelm.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I gotta agree, Joe your Cig is the best! Those warm up speed are awesome. I bet that once you get all the mechanicals lose and broke in with the correct water and weather you will see 100 no probelm.
Thanks FeverMike,

For the record... The boat will, unfortunatly, NEVER exceed 99.4 MPH (for insurance reasons!) I'm not even risking tweaking it to run 99.5!

....Right, John P.!
Old 12-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Joe, I wouldn't worry about exceeding 100mph, w600's.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tazz
Joe, I wouldn't worry about exceeding 100mph, w600's.
I knew one was coming... I just didn't know when! Thanks for saving it for me

P.S. I think you are right.... but we'll see. There's one prop shop that thinks they can give 99 MPH a run for the money -----

I always hate the, "Well... my boat is going to run XXXXX MPH after I finish with it" comments. So, I'll hold all comments.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

94mph in a Merc "stock powered" boat is pretty dam respectable. It does become a game of when is enough enough.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:11 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Transom name was just put on.....
Attached Thumbnails The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-name-transom-121806.jpg  
Old 12-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tazz
94mph in a Merc "stock powered" boat is pretty dam respectable. It does become a game of when is enough enough.
Nevvvvvvvverrrrrrrrrrr!

Seriously, knowing the boat is still tight, and that it will loosen up, picking up another MPH or so is more than enough for me with this pkg.

If we wind up getting more out of it (w/ other props), it'll be even better --- but not expected. The boat runs very well across the spectrum on the Maximus 5's. The B1 34's just don't do the trick on this configuration.

Joe

Quick Reply: The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.