Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57 >

The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Notices

The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you as well Joe, for taking the time to test a set of our CNC props! We truely appreciate you as well.

Thanks!

Julie
Old 04-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Couple More Pics I just got from Sarasota.....
Attached Thumbnails The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-entire-marina-hotel-room.jpg   The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-cigs-hyatt-dock.jpg   The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-check...-check-check.jpg  

Old 04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Attached Thumbnails The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-ready-depart-poker-run-hyatt-dock.jpg  
Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by throttleup
Thank you as well Joe, for taking the time to test a set of our CNC props! We truely appreciate you as well.

Thanks!

Julie
what were you using and what did you test to pick up 3mph?
Old 04-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by dbhammer
what were you using and what did you test to pick up 3mph?
Top Secret (LOL...). Seriously, just give Matt a call. He's MUUUUUCH better at explaining prop than I am.

727-531-2255 - Throttle-up.

P.S. "What" they are is not the most interesting part. When he shared "what he did" to the props, is what was most interesting.

We're running the "updated" version at Ft. Myers. Hopefully, it will plane even better and pick-up another MPH. We'll see....

Joe
Old 04-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Joe
Couple More Pics I just got from Sarasota.....
P.S. Look at the shine on all the Cigs. I think it's safe to say that the Cigarette Crew kept all of our boats clean and waxed up!

Thanks, guys!!!!

Joe
Old 05-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by throttleup

Thanks!

Julie
Ok... Here's the pics!

FYI - we are still all over the rev limiters, to the point there's no "p" in beep". It's just one solid beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Thanks again.... you guys are amazing!
Attached Thumbnails The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-throttle-up-propellers-offshore-cowboy-051407.jpg   The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-97.6-mph-baby-throttle-up-props-051407.jpg  
Old 05-14-2007, 10:46 AM
MES
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess that speed is going down hill with the Ford?
Old 05-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MES
I guess that speed is going down hill with the Ford?
Actually, I didn't want to say too much w/ out knowing the result, but it was in flat water on Clear Lake! I'm bettin' two things:

1) Faster in the pure salt (Florida)
2) Faster in a chop

But, we'll wait to see how it actually runs before I start running off at the mouth!!

Oh, and yes.... It is pulled by a Ford of course!

One more thing.... Funny quick story -- after putting the props on I ran the boat several times up and down the lake all across the RPM range seeing how the boat handled b4 dropping the throttles. I made two passes at WOT and then back to the dock. As I was pulling back out the coasties were sittin in the lake. I guess someone didn't like us buzzing it on a Sunday! LOL.... They were cool and just smiled and waved as we went by at 50 MPH!

Joe
Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Joe
All right, Ken

I'll say this much ----- REMEMBER.... this was only the "1st" run. After a bit more prop work and running in something other than bone-flat, no-wind conditions, we are expecting to see more!

*PLEASE remember this IS NOT the top speed, but rather only the first run with the boat ---- nothing's loosened up yet (new "stiff" drives and motors). It comes on plane grrrrreat and has solid accelleration throughout the whole RPM range.

I will say this.... It's looking like it's going to be right in line w/ my last boat and be one of the fastest 39 600 TG's out there!

Not bad for the first hour on the boat:
All right guys... Here it is... If I crack 100 MPH my insurance nearly doubles -- and to run 102 MPH, that's a lot of extra $$$$ vs. running 120 in a different boat, for the same insurance price.

Matt and Julie (Throttle-Up) are DYING to put a bigger set of wheels on her and take it to the Kilo Shootout, but, I'm not doing it.

Doing the math, it's safe to say the boat "will" run 102. However, at 98/99 MPH, it jumps on plane like a rock star and is an "all around" well propped poker run beast!!!

Here's the 98/99 MPH Pic.
Attached Thumbnails The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57-copy-throttle-up-propellers-009.jpg  

Quick Reply: The New One - 2007 Cigarette Top Gun Unlimited - Thanks Cigarette and Pier 57

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.