Notices

Fountain up to something.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:20 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Fountain up to something.

Originally Posted by Downtown42

2....Sounds to me after this weekend, the new league has some serious problems right now. Why did a respected Bob Bull pull out and he was qualified to run?

the boat was 10 inches short and had illegal drives? does it matter when it was found out? do you let them just keep racing an illegal boat? what if they would have won sunday? isn't that more tainted than DQ'ing them?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
the boat was 10 inches short

I thought the JDB boat was 3" short........

and you are 10" short........
Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by insptech
Actually the results this year in OPA racing show that parity is almost flawless.
Yes Uncle Teddy, I agree. You say almost flawless, I say pretty close. Same thing. Just not perfect. Hard to get it perfect was all I meant by the post.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TomFTM
Fountain up to something. ?
Yes he was Tom.

He was in Destin at the OSS Races...

Things that make you go hmmmm?...

In fact I introduced myself to him and shook his hand...

Perhaps he may be considering racing in OSS next year?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The "CAT KILLER" did have other boats in it's class this year.

1- Cat Killer with twin Sterling 1,500's
2- Instigator with twin Mercury 750's
3- PLAYER with twin ILMOR 635's
4- Cintron with twin 1000's

sounds like a good even playing field to me...........
Old 11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea ok.....opa....letting curtis and jimmy ...on the chip run all year in p2 then slam them in p1 against all odds..at the worlds....only to cost them a fortune...wreck everything and almost die.....only to open up p2 for crybabies that could not run the speed...and for the fox guarding the hen house. ...I can see why there are so many issues....and the scumbags that set curtis up....never won anyway...lol....get some in cab of dc on that fountain against those cats..dudes can not be matched against boats like that..and ya think there going to stop because there over the limit......no there going to die....get some in cab...from freeze frame...they were just used to clear a class and publicity....don't be saying opa is great....there all the same........Fountain makes a kick azz boat....look what these 2 guys pulled off.....unbelievable....but not right....and some smart azz better not come on here and tell me i am wrong...do your homework first...
Old 11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
.......I too get tired of the ranting on Fountain. If some teams cheat, document and ban them......
I agree 100%. Follow the rules or get kicked out.

Originally Posted by Byrdman
.....don't be saying opa is great....there all the same........Fountain makes a kick azz boat....look what these 2 guys pulled off.....unbelievable....but not right....and some smart azz better not come on here and tell me i am wrong...do your homework first...
I don't think that anybody will disagree with you. There is not a single organization that is perfect. That would be nearly impossible. And yes, as I said above, Fountain does built nice boats that are incredibly fast. My point is that there is no reason to cheat no matter what kind of boat you are racing. Cheating should not be tolerated by any of the organizations. I personally like the spec class racing, but there has to be a way to enforce the rules a little better. Limiting cheating is where OPA seems to have done a good job.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:40 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
the boat was 10 inches short and had illegal drives? does it matter when it was found out? do you let them just keep racing an illegal boat? what if they would have won sunday? isn't that more tainted than DQ'ing them?
The boat is 38' from the drive mounting surface to the tip of the bow. That is the transom to the bow. Technicalities in where you measure points from made it look 2" short.

The drives are not illegal. They are grand fathered in from their previous boat that they de-rigged to build a new race boat.

They had been racing this boat/package all year and suddenly it is illegal?
Old 11-15-2006, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Yes he was Tom.

He was in Destin at the OSS Races...

Things that make you go hmmmm?...

In fact I introduced myself to him and shook his hand...

Perhaps he may be considering racing in OSS next year?
watching the race on oso did i here correct that reggie fountain was racing in speed racer on sunday???
Old 11-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Yea ok.....opa....letting curtis and jimmy ...on the chip run all year in p2 then slam them in p1 against all odds..at the worlds....only to cost them a fortune...wreck everything and almost die.....only to open up p2 for crybabies that could not run the speed...and for the fox guarding the hen house. ...I can see why there are so many issues....and the scumbags that set curtis up....never won anyway...lol....get some in cab of dc on that fountain against those cats..dudes can not be matched against boats like that..and ya think there going to stop because there over the limit......no there going to die....get some in cab...from freeze frame...they were just used to clear a class and publicity....don't be saying opa is great....there all the same........Fountain makes a kick azz boat....look what these 2 guys pulled off.....unbelievable....but not right....and some smart azz better not come on here and tell me i am wrong...do your homework first...
you forgot to mention that on the chip is a old outdated fountain compaired to the new ones and the cats which were probably close to a millon each.great job jimmy-dc

Quick Reply: Fountain up to something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.