Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ummmmm......what does this feel like? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145532-ummmmm-what-does-feel-like.html)

SLINGSHOT 11-20-2006 07:23 AM

ummmmm......what does this feel like?

http://media.boatmad.com/gallery/v/m.../Ouch.wmv.html

OldSchool 11-20-2006 07:33 AM

Re: ummmmm......what does this feel like?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

pullmytrigger 11-20-2006 07:39 AM

I dont want to get that up close and personal with a propeller!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

ducktail 11-20-2006 08:06 AM

Does anybody know more? Thats such a sick accident video. Are they blind? What happened to the crew and the boat?

DJD 11-20-2006 08:46 AM

That crash happened 50' in front of me. I was standing on the outer mole pier in Key West & filmed it as well.
The big Skater was being driven by Laith Pharon (sp?) who went back to racing F1's in Europe.
The smaller cat was heading to the pits after some sort of mechanical problem & for some reason the driver of the big cat didn't see him in time. We watched in horror as the guys helmet floated by. Everyone thought he had been decapitated but a few minutes later we found (as you can see in this video's angle) he wasn't. The boat slowly sunk as rescue personnel attended to him in the boat. Roughly 15 minutes later as the cockpit went under, they slid him onto a back board stretcher. The boat slowly bounced along the concrete pier with the outgoing tide with just it's bow sticking up.
The man was taken to the hospital & apparently was not in bad condition. I heard he was released the next day.

racesdad 11-20-2006 08:56 AM

Zero Defect Had Just Passed Us Seconds Before That Happened
That Was A Scary One
Peppers

Audiofn 11-20-2006 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by DJD
That crash happened 50' in front of me. I was standing on the outer mole pier in Key West & filmed it as well.
The big Skater was being driven by Laith Pharon (sp?) who went back to racing F1's in Europe.
The smaller cat was heading to the pits after some sort of mechanical problem & for some reason the driver of the big cat didn't see him in time. We watched in horror as the guys helmet floated by. Everyone thought he had been decapitated but a few minutes later we found (as you can see in this video's angle) he wasn't. The boat slowly sunk as rescue personnel attended to him in the boat. Roughly 15 minutes later as the cockpit went under, they slid him onto a back board stretcher. The boat slowly bounced along the concrete pier with the outgoing tide with just it's bow sticking up.
The man was taken to the hospital & apparently was not in bad condition. I heard he was released the next day.

That is exactly what I had heard also.

Jon

Tom A. 11-20-2006 09:42 AM

:eek: :eek: Thank God he is OK!

9 Lives 11-20-2006 09:51 AM

I witnessed that, as well.

Real scary.... :eek:

Key West 1995

I believe there were over 130 race boats there that year
if I remember correctly. Boat turnout was awesome...bumpy water also.

Dean Ferry 11-20-2006 09:57 AM

The driver was a guy from Chicago, and the T-man was Gerry, (Can't think of his last name, he worked for Richie Cipullo, SP? out of the old RC Performance shop) Anyway, the driver had a bunch of Head/neck/back injuries and lacerations, but he pretty much fully recovered, took along time though.
Dean