Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which cat with a cabin? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145738-cat-cabin.html)

Dredgeking 11-23-2006 05:25 AM

Which cat with a cabin?

My wife and I have been talking about getting back into boating. She wants a cabin in the next boat. She says no more race boats. Damn. Anyway, I'd like to look at a cat in the mid 30' range. She wants to get another Fountain. I don't mind the Fountain, but what cats that have cabins have 100mph potential without spending a fortune on big blower engines? I don't want blowers. I want EFI and a warranty. No more headaches dealing with "custom" engine builders that rip me off. No west coast boats unless they can handle the rough water. Just looking for ideas. Nothing serious at this point.

Ratickle 11-23-2006 05:35 AM

Re: Which cat with a cabin?

We looked at the same thing before buying the Black Thunder. The thing that made us not get the cat was insurance. The only two my wife liked for cabins were the Mares 38 and the Ocean Express 39. I've also heard the Eliminator has a decent cabin but we were never in one.

Buddy OO 11-23-2006 07:51 AM

Awesome has a 31 , nice cabin and a 38 with one of the biggest cabins per powerboat magazine, great rough water ability, affordable and both will run 100+ on stock mercury power.

BBB725 11-23-2006 08:21 AM

Warlock 31 SXT has a center pod and the cabin is like a V bottom.

LostinBoston 11-23-2006 08:27 AM

36 Nor-Tech. With 525s can have extended 5 year warranty and has potential for 110mph.

Spine Tingler 11-23-2006 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by BBB725
Warlock 31 SXT has a center pod and the cabin is like a V bottom.

I know someone on the board who would probably let go of his. If interested let me know and I'll get you in contact.

dreamboater 11-23-2006 11:00 AM

All ofthese cats will take quite a bit of power to push them above 100 on a day to day basis. There are a few 36 Skaters with a cabin. 36 Nortech would be my choice if cabin was necessary. 3100 AO will need 650HP per side to be above 100 every day.

Dredgeking 11-23-2006 11:12 AM

The Nortech or the Skater look the best so far. Too bad the Mares is so slow. It has nice lines. I stopped by the Skater factory on my way to my ranch for the weekend yesterday. They are only 30 min from our new house. Would be nice to deal local. Just looking for something I may have missed. Insurance on a cat is not something I'm looking forward to. It would probably be a cash deal to avoid some of those costs.

hammer01 11-23-2006 11:32 AM

as someone stated earlier, the 44 and 42 mti have the cabin version with awesome cockpit area and full cabins, queen births over sponsons, head, etc. several good used ones out there, pier 57 has a sweet used 2001. good luck

Dredgeking 11-23-2006 11:46 AM

I want to stay in the mid 30' range. Getting into a 40' boat is not something I'm interested in.