Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fun Run setup? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145758-fun-run-setup.html)

Ca$hed Out 11-23-2006 10:55 AM

Fun Run setup?

I was looking to arrange a Poker Run for my local lake however, not sure I can pull it together for this coming summer. With that, I would like to do a 'fun run' to introduce the lake to some of my buddies.

For those of you that have organized these in the past, can you send some advice? I know there is sensitivity around what constitues a Poker Run, insurance, etc and was wondering if anyone could offer opinions. In a nutshell, I would just like to gather a small group and tour the lake over the course of the day - is it that simple?

Ca$hed Out 11-24-2006 03:46 PM

Re: Fun Run setup?

Anyone?

otis311 11-24-2006 04:37 PM

Call me when you get a chance. We have grown our run on Lake George from a handfull of boats to over 70 at our last event.in just a few years.

Bob Scanlon
President
LGPBA
518 361-6521

yesrej 11-24-2006 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by otis311
Call me when you get a chance. We have grown our run on Lake George from a handfull of boats to over 70 at our last event.in just a few years.

Bob Scanlon
President
LGPBA
518 361-6521

and it was a blast.thanks bob.

Tantrum 11-24-2006 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by yesrej

Yeah it was OK :p

Lucididee 11-25-2006 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by yesrej

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Yeah it was OK :p

Now that's he broken in, when do we really show him what we can do? :eek: :p

And how do we not win "Most Enthusiastic Crew"? It was fixed :mad:

f311fr1 11-25-2006 05:51 PM

You might contact Tim Baldwin with the Music City Powerboat Assc. here on the boards. He uses the club forums at the end of the forums.

TeamSaris 11-25-2006 06:11 PM

Bob and the crew put on a great event! He is the master. :drink:

mlitefan2 11-28-2006 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by On The Heat
I was looking to arrange a Poker Run for my local lake however, not sure I can pull it together for this coming summer. With that, I would like to do a 'fun run' to introduce the lake to some of my buddies.

For those of you that have organized these in the past, can you send some advice? I know there is sensitivity around what constitues a Poker Run, insurance, etc and was wondering if anyone could offer opinions. In a nutshell, I would just like to gather a small group and tour the lake over the course of the day - is it that simple?

I bet I can find a band to play some live music. :drink:

Panther 11-28-2006 06:56 PM

I'd like to doone in our area next summer too!! We do one every year but I don't know if our host in Long Island will be doing it again so I may need to do one on my own. :drink: