...or be allowed to reproduce
T2x
You just solved a majority of the world's problems
Old 11-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
At the risk of sounding harsh, I couldn't care less if someone wants to do themselves in. I just don't want to be hit head-on or broadside by some dic&head who's out of control. I doubt some drunk, chubby guy tossed off the back would even scuff the gel on my bottom.
What kind of GEL do you use on your BOTTOM???

Never knew such a product was available...

Seriously though, these are all moronic moves by the boat owners to allow this to happen.

But why are we saying these are bad practices at PR's??
These are plain and simple bad in anytime "boating".
I agree, a place to start is with the PR organizers enforcing rules that don't allow these things to happen, but on the same hand, these are all actions that shouldn't take place in regular everyday boating. You can enforce the PR, but the same idiot is going to be out on the water on Sunday doing this kind of crap because the Helo's aren't following. This is what gives us all a bad name.
This past year at the weekend of the Cumberland run, someone was thrown/fell from a boat the Fri. night before the run - somehow the media linked this to the run - what I mean is, in every mention of this accident was also the fact of the PR the same weekend, although the two were completely unrelated. Aside from sharing a lake on the same weekend that a drowning and a PR took place, the two had nothing in common.
I'm not saying that the victim of the drowning was doing something stupid - I don't know the fact's - but this should be of no reflection to the run, or to the SAFE boaters.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

this is typical of a lot of recreational sports...............Too much drinking and not enough responsibility......dont get me wrong i drink a lot of beer but i would never put anyone in a position on my boat to get hurt..........Wow look at me my boat is fast and everybody is drunk and being unsafe.........Totally not cool and you are going to hurt the masses of people that want to have a good time and can and will handle there boats in a safe manor............................................. ......now i am going to get a beer and go to oso unsesored.............
Old 11-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely no excuse for those boaters beahvior at any function. Disasgters waiting to happen.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:49 PM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a little common sense is all it takes.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:29 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
You just solved a majority of the world's problems
All the World has to do is ask.......

T2x
Old 11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Appalling. Makes me wish someone had brought this sort of moronic behavior up years ago....

Go get 'em Dave!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:47 PM
Registered

Actually, the stupidest thing anyone can do at a poker run isn't always so obvious.

It's called racing.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Old 11-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
As for dumb things during PR, I think a real question needs to be addressed, which is dumber, riding on th back of a 40mph boat, or boats running 140mph + crisscrossing paths during a PR.

The above is why I no longer participate in PR.

WILL
After reading some of the other posts, I'm glad to see someone is looking at the bigger picture.

Yes, maybe the folks in the pictures were acting out of line. It's never appropriate to ride in the positions they're in. But, did they do it just for a moment while the picture was taken? Was the water calm? Were there other boats around? Was the driver drinking? Were the people in the boat drinking? Are they endangering other boaters by doing what they're doing? There's a lot more involved than just looking at a picture and saying it's wrong. And this comes from a guy that has personally seen a person hit by a propeller (It ain't pretty).

Look at motorcycle helmet laws. I may say it's wrong to ride without one, but isn't it another person's right to do so if they want to, and they're not endangering anyone around them?

One other point: for those of you that keep statistics, how many people were killed this year (or the past 5 years, for that matter) in poker runs that were riding standing/sitting on the back on a boat? Now, how many people were killed in a boat exceeding a "reasonable" speed limit during a poker run, or had equipment failures, or were driving their boats drunk? Let's not bash the people riding in the boat..

Quick Reply: Examples of Poker Run Stupidity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.