Notices

Diesel Outerlimits 37

Old 11-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 2,948 Likes on 978 Posts
Default Re: Diesel Outerlimits 37

This boat has been for sale for a long time.

at under 100k it'd be worth it to pull the diesels out, sell them and drop some 525EFI's in.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Tank,
That is what I was thinking. You could probably sell the two motors for the cost of the 525s but then you still have to have the tanks flushed and re-rig for them.
Interesting idea though w/ the Arnesons!
Old 11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boat is cool. The second one built does have the 2 speed trannies, and would be worth it to upfit this boat as well. 72 is the real top end of this boat, and with that tourque, load it up and it'll still do 72.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only reason i am interested in the boat is because it has those CAT diesels in it. If it had 525s, I wouldn't even look at it. Besides, in today's market 100K buys you something like an early 388 Slingshot with 500s already in it so why try to reinvent the world and end up spending more?

IMO, the gain in speed with 525s is not worth the trouble, the extra consumption, the extra maintenance cost, etc. Especially as I don't think that gains in terms of cruising speed would be significant. If this thing tops out at 72, it can cruise 60-65 all day. How fast would it be with 525s at say, 3800rpm?

Animalhouse, I agree that the boat would really come alive with 2-speed trannies but they are quite a bit larger than single speeds and the conversion might be a lot of work or even impossible depending on how much space there is left between the engines and the forward engineroom bulkhead. In addition, I would have to check the exact numbers but I have the impression that those CATs make more torque than Yanmars so putting the small 110-series 2-speeds is probably not a good idea.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, awaiting reply from the broker...
Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call Harry Turner directly if you dont get a reply from the broker
Old 11-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by super termoli
IMO, the gain in speed with 525s is not worth the trouble, the extra consumption, the extra maintenance cost, etc. Especially as I don't think that gains in terms of cruising speed would be significant. If this thing tops out at 72, it can cruise 60-65 all day. How fast would it be with 525s at say, 3800rpm?

Animalhouse, I agree that the boat would really come alive with 2-speed trannies but they are quite a bit larger than single speeds and the conversion might be a lot of work or even impossible depending on how much space there is left between the engines and the forward engineroom bulkhead. In addition, I would have to check the exact numbers but I have the impression that those CATs make more torque than Yanmars so putting the small 110-series 2-speeds is probably not a good idea.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts, awaiting reply from the broker...
Usually lots of room in those engine compartments. how long are the diesels? Side by side OL's with gas motors have like 4-5 ft infront of the motor to the bulkhead.

Late model 37 OL with 525's will cruise around 45-55 mph, I know this cause a friend had one.

I like the Diesels, should have lots of service life without the NOS.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

This link should help:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...el+Outerlimits
Old 11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

I saw the ad for this boat listed on yacht world, its marked SOLD!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Registered

I was very interested in that boat also. I just had a hard time convincing myself that I wanted to deal with a boat this big and its hassles, hydro hoist, trailer storage, ect. Also the Nitrous things scares me, two engines in 400 hours. I did learn that the interior was almost new. I wish the new owners the best with her. I am kinda bummed!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I personally like the boat, not only cause of the diesels, but I like the SS 37 OL model as well. Not sure on the nitrous on marinzed diesels, but we do run them in one of my 6.0 litre Fords. It only comes on between 3200-4150 rpms or a max of 10-12 seconds, once engaged. No major problems, but on the dually with all the other mods at the track we are turning 13.55 vs 14.01 with out. That is a 4+ truck length difference in the 1/4. We are working on a propane truck now, my daily drive 07 F350 dually....Like Super T stated, if they redo the vent tubes or add them to help aid it up on plane, add a butterfly valve in the tubes for better mid-range acceleration, possibly turn them up a bit, play with props, possibly larger exhuast and so on, top speed will definatly get faster. I think it's a great buy, relable, fuel effecient, but top in the upper 70's for me would be better. Jeff

Quick Reply: Diesel Outerlimits 37

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.