Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain CC issues (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/145993-fountain-cc-issues.html)

fountainracing42 11-28-2006 08:27 PM

Re: Fountain CC issues

I have had experiences with Sundance. Sales staff A+++, service department F -. They were cocky and arrogant to me. They actually turned me away once because I didn't have an appointment for service.

FeverMike 11-28-2006 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse
very impressed with the hull, need to adress the outer engines being to high, but other than these quality control issues that should have been avoided t is a nice boat.

Question...what do you mean by the outer edges too high?

Are you talking about the gunwales? If so I like that it is a little deeper thus safer feeling for me and my guests. I am extremely comfortable in this boat and that is only one of the reasons I sold my last boat for the Fountain 38TE.

thanks!

bluellama 11-28-2006 09:43 PM

Mike, it looks like he said the X dim on the outer ENGINES is too high .....

FeverMike 11-28-2006 09:47 PM

It late, I'm tired and obviously can't read worth a F! :drink:
night! Mike

animalhouse 11-29-2006 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by bluellama
Mike, it looks like he said the X dim on the outer ENGINES is too high .....

Yeah what he said. The x-dimension is way to high, if you use any tab input past parrallel with the running surface, the outer two props get blown out and cavitate. Also wants to cavitate in a following sea. All issues that can be resolved, but annoying none the less.

Ryan Beckley 11-29-2006 09:54 AM

Why did you switch from a Yellowfin to a Fountain?

animalhouse 11-29-2006 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Why did you switch from a Yellowfin to a Fountain?

The Yellowfin was a great boat. but ours was older and would have cost too mutch to re-power with verados. thought we would go for a change, and try out the fountain. they agreed to build us the boat with quads, so we went for it.

The yellowfin was a bit light at high speeds, the bow flair would usually cause us to list hard in the windward direction when running at high spees, the fountain feels more stable at 72+ mph, but the Yellowfin was still a great boat, just lacked the creature comforts that we were looking for.

Dd24skater 11-29-2006 11:28 AM

"I'd love to see a 36 Skater center console with a pair of diesels. You can mount the fighting chair on the tunnel between the motors. "

I have wanted to a Skater CC for years.

Maybe one day!

Dd

Panther 11-29-2006 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Dd24skater
I have wanted to a Skater CC for years.

Maybe one day!

Dd

All it takes is $$$

I know of a 41 Apache project where they're turning it into a center console!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Downtown42 11-29-2006 05:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
That's too bad. Sounds like the dealer isn't taking care of your problems. My pumps are wired direct and will come on with batteries off. Hopefully the dealer will stand up. You have a 1 yr warranty on everything. Get the bugs out and you should be good to go.

OL has occasional issues also. Here is a brand new 42 Legacy 850's and the fuel tank leaked. I can't imagine having the smell of gas thru-out the boat. Guess someone messed up when rigging. The floor had to be chop-sawed to access the fuel tank leaking problem, repaired and re-glassed. Hope they got all the debris out for the new owner because after spending 700+ the first owner dumped it. What a shame. :(

I'm guessing the bilge pumps weren't hard wired on Candy Shop. Hopefully OL replaced everything that was underwater. 3 1075's would be a hit, that's for sure. What a shame and one of my favorite boats :(

If the dealer isn't going to take care of you, call Shogren in Chicago, he would love to earn your business. :D